Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Default Supercharger

Mazda 3 Electric Supercharger Kits Mazda 3 Superchargers

The link above is to a supercharger for my 2007 Mazda 3 2.0L. I was wondering if this just attaches to the end of my intake (which is a AEM Cold Air Intake). Guess the main point to this is: Will it work for my car? I also will be buying a hypertech tuner before I get the supercharger.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by goalmikeck3
Mazda 3 Electric Supercharger Kits Mazda 3 Superchargers

The link above is to a supercharger for my 2007 Mazda 3 2.0L. I was wondering if this just attaches to the end of my intake (which is a AEM Cold Air Intake). Guess the main point to this is: Will it work for my car? I also will be buying a hypertech tuner before I get the supercharger.
That piece of junk has absolutely zero chance of doing anything positive for your performance, and may even create an intake obstruction that will measurable reduce your engine output at any higher power setting.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:17 PM

well can you recommend one?

Old 03-21-2011, 04:58 PM

A supercharger? No, personally I'm not a fan of superchargers as they have too much parasitic drag when at full boil (assuming we're talking about a real supercharger and not the mousetrap discussed at the above link). From my perspective, turbochargers are better and more desirable than superchargers in every aspect except for say zero to ten mph.

The above said, I've been quoted as saying this before, and I'll say it again; if you want a faster car, your best bang for the buck is to sell your car and buy a faster car.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:41 PM

That is garbage. It is basically a hair dryer motor. It might compensate for the blockage it makes.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:18 PM

I would get a faster car but I dont want to have to make payments again. My Mazda is all payed off.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:25 AM

A "real" supercharger will cost you at least $4,000 to have professionally installed. Turbochargers are in that same general neighborhood.

There are no shortcuts.

Last edited by johnnieboy; 03-22-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:28 AM

I would get a faster car but I dont want to have to make payments again. My Mazda is all payed off.
Well that either means payments on the upgrades (which will usually result in a significant reduction in the value of your car) or payments on the "faster" car. My bet is that you can probably sell your car and buy something like a MazdaSpeed3 of the same vintage for roughly the came cost differential as making your car faster. Then again, a used MazdaSpeed3 won't instantly drop in value the moment you start driving it like your car would if you turbocharged or supercharged it. Net-net, you'll come out ahead by upgrading to a faster car.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Default Get you a MILLENIA S

and the S stands for? Great running cars when they ARE.
that may be my next move.got a 96 S thats almost a PARTS car.so much fun to drive

Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Default An actual electric supercharger that works!...

well can you recommend one?
I been trying to keep on whats goin on in the electric supercharger world, and cant seem to find anything thats legit, cept these guys..

http://www.superpowercharger.com/

Idk if its close to what you wanted to spend, but they seem to eliminate all the questions I had about if electric superchargers were real or not.

happy hunting!

Quick Reply: Supercharger