Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Should I buy this beauty or not???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Default Should I buy this beauty or not???

Hello everyone, Ive been loking to buy a millenia and it looks like I found the one I want. The thing that worries me is that I've been reading alot of bad stuff about these cars as well as good stuff, I wanted to find out from the actual owners to see what you guys think. I make desent money and I know how to work on cars so as far as services go I can take care of that. Are they reliable??
Here is the link to the car I want, can you guys take a look at it and give me some feedback...
Your comments are greatly appreciated..

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Thanks

Jesus Lopez

Old 03-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Default RE: Should I buy this beauty or not???

Beautiful car.Just remember that it won't run forever,and the 2.3 is alot more challenging to do service on than the 2.5,plus the fact the 2.3 has a supercharger which can be very expensive and give a lot of headaches.I'm not saying don't buy the car,or that it neccessarily will give you trouble,just giving a heads up.Poke around on the forums and do some searches with customer ratings and the such.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:07 PM

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2964378[/align]

Old 03-04-2008, 08:33 PM

Nice car. Well, in buying a car there are lots of things to consider. Fuel consumption and maintenance is one them. Your lifestyle also matters. I think, just go for a car that best suits you and won't cause you lots of $$$. It is also important to have the car tested and checked its auto parts to see if it is in good condition.
Anyways, good luck and happy car shopping.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:21 PM

i think 9 grand is way out of line. these cars have no resale value. there are a few 01 and 02 locally with way less miles for a lot less. like 6500. 01 my and later have 30% stiffer chassis, plus a rear sway bar. i would pass on it

Old 03-04-2008, 09:33 PM

it is a nice car, i have 2001 2.3 s model with 92000 paid $5000 for it, check engine light was on them change 2 upstream oxygen sensor just for part it was $220, i think it is better if u can find a 2001 or 2002 s model

Old 03-05-2008, 12:58 AM

Hey man how are you, the car is very nice and millenias are very nice and attractive from the outside but i agree with what mazzfan said it all depends on your life style....You will have problems with that car 100%. I have the 2.5 and bought it when it had 60,000 on it and now it has 110,000 and already went through a catalytic converter, egr, knock sensor, o 2 sensors. On a honda civic all this would cost you about 500 dollars at the most...A mazda millenia would be over 2000 dollars to fix and with a 2.3 its even more!!..My point is is that they get expensive and they get expensive fast so my opinion is pass on the milly plus 9 grand is way to much for that car...sorry for the negative info good luck

Old 03-05-2008, 07:13 AM

The 2.3l is known to be the headache engine to work on. There are a very few technicians (I use the term loosely) that can properly work on that car.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:08 PM
VB

Pass dude! Buy a 6 or a 626!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:05 PM

i dont think so. we had a 626 for quite a while. piece of junk. made here in the us. even with the japanese control, the us STILL cant build cars. and the 6? we just had one for a rental. it is WAY better than the 626. quicker turn in, better handling, but really anemic on power. i had to floor it to get on the freeway, and i was used to the 2.3 torque. the 6 just shifted down about 4 gears and screamed, but went nowhere. then we started screaming, because a truck was right up on our tail. that car has NO power. i think the mazda 3 is a way better car.

Quick Reply: Should I buy this beauty or not???