Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Remote Starter - Immobilizer help (only one key)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Default Remote Starter - Immobilizer help (only one key)

Hi, I'm new here but I did do a bit of searching and couldn't find a clear answer.

I have a 2006 manual transmission Mazda 3, and bought a remote starter + immobilizer bypass unit (the kind that is spliced into the immobilizer wiring and pretends to be an extra key during remote starts), however, I only have one key for the car since the other one was lost.

Is there a way to program an "extra key" if I only have one key to begin with? I read that you need two working keys in order to program a third...

If anyone is interested I have the wiring diagram for the car I can post to assist with remote start/alarm installations.

I might also do writeup if there is interest...

Thank you! And happy holidays.

-Bisie

Old 01-25-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by BiSiE
Hi, I'm new here but I did do a bit of searching and couldn't find a clear answer.

I have a 2006 manual transmission Mazda 3, and bought a remote starter + immobilizer bypass unit (the kind that is spliced into the immobilizer wiring and pretends to be an extra key during remote starts), however, I only have one key for the car since the other one was lost.

Is there a way to program an "extra key" if I only have one key to begin with? I read that you need two working keys in order to program a third...

If anyone is interested I have the wiring diagram for the car I can post to assist with remote start/alarm installations.

I might also do writeup if there is interest...

Thank you! And happy holidays.

-Bisie
Hey the dealer can program a new key for you no prob. Btw when you install the starter save some time and connect the starter output wire directly to the white starter side clutch wire in the kick panel instead of the one in the ingnition harness, This avoids the use of a bypass relay for the clutch safty switch.