Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Navigation 7" touchscreen compatible with my Mazda3?! Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Default Navigation 7" touchscreen compatible with my Mazda3?! Thanks!

First of all I would like to share that this forum is a great place to gain much needed knowledge!!!

I have a quick question. I'm looking at upgrading my stereo interface to a 7" touchscreen with NAV, Bluetooth, Ipod, etc...

Will this fit my 2006 Mazda3 s? Is there anything I should be aware of when installing, can I find a better product somewhere else?

Thanks Again!

-Dillon

http://www.ecplaza.net/product/18561...er_indash.html I wouldn't be buying this exact one either. I'll try and find it cheaper online, or somewhere locally.

Also, I'm looking into Xenon Headlights! If anyone could refer me to a certain brand/ type, that would be so cool. And would it be possible to get the headlights that move and shine into your turning?

Last edited by vanrennes92; 01-13-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:40 PM

Wow that is really cool. Let me know how it goes because I might want to purchase on as well!
I couldn't find anywhere that sells that as a single product though? Seems kind of sketchy?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by vanrennes92
First of all I would like to share that this forum is a great place to gain much needed knowledge!!!

I have a quick question. I'm looking at upgrading my stereo interface to a 7" touchscreen with NAV, Bluetooth, Ipod, etc...

Will this fit my 2006 Mazda3 s? Is there anything I should be aware of when installing, can I find a better product somewhere else?

Thanks Again!

-Dillon

http://www.ecplaza.net/product/18561...er_indash.html I wouldn't be buying this exact one either. I'll try and find it cheaper online, or somewhere locally.

Also, I'm looking into Xenon Headlights! If anyone could refer me to a certain brand/ type, that would be so cool. And would it be possible to get the headlights that move and shine into your turning?
I would ask your dealer if you need a new wiring harness (which i doubt) id assume it would come with directions for install anyway. I doubt your going to find one cheaper anyway.

As for the HID's i suggest xenon or apexcone, and if you want headlights that move with the direction your going get a bmw because thats never going to be available for aftermarket.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:31 AM

Ok. Thanks for the insight. I'll check with my local dealer and see what they have to say. Thanks Again!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:09 PM

Thanks Again!

-Dillon

You sure that unit will fit an 06 -09 Mazda 3?? If you search the specs on this unit, which is really cool, it mentions Mazda 6!! How would install such a unit in the dash. Looks like a lot of adaptions. But I'm no expert in these matters..far from it. Does the unit supply a CD player as well as the other features?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:38 PM

I had "active" headlights (those you mention that turn in the direction of the steering wheel) on my '05 BMW and also on my new 3. In both cases they came included with the car or though an option package.

They are somewhat cool, but I did not see a great usefulness to them. The best thing about them is that they impressed the ladies........... In any case, I wouldn't pay extra for them and certainly would not spend time and money looking for an aftermarket version IMHO.