Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Rear Parking Sensor beep when car is put into Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:54 PM
Default Rear Parking Sensor beep when car is put into Reverse

Hello, I bought a brand new 2016 Mazda3 i Grand Touring that came equipped with Rear Parking Sensors. The issue I have is the Sensors beep every time I put the car in Reverse. It's a small annoyance, but an annoyance, none the less. Does anyone know how to disable the beep? The guys at the dealership had no clue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-04-2017, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

When you first select reverse the sensors will beep once to let you know they are good to go & the system is activated. You can't deactivate the beep without deactivating the whole system.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the reply. One Mazda service guy said the same thing and asked if I wanted to deactivate the system. I told him I would think about it. I wanted to see if I could get over the annoying beep. A week later my sales guy calls me to see how I like the car. I mentioned the beep and he says there's a button somewhere in the car that disables the beep and to bring it in and he'll show me how. I bring it in and there is no button. He says all the other models have a button with a "P" that disables the beep and for some reason the button is missing on the 3. I mentioned about deactivating the whole system and he checks with the service dept to see if they can squeeze me in. They come back with, they cannot deactivate the sensor, because it's connected through my speakers and will affect other things on my instrument panel.

It's strange to me that other models have a button to disable the beep, but since my car doesn't have a button, there is no other way to turn it off.

Old 02-05-2017, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

They "other" models have a switch to deactivate/turn off the entire reverse sensor system.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Hank_Moody
Hello, I bought a brand new 2016 Mazda3 i Grand Touring that came equipped with Rear Parking Sensors. The issue I have is the Sensors beep every time I put the car in Reverse. It's a small annoyance, but an annoyance, none the less. Does anyone know how to disable the beep? The guys at the dealership had no clue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
If I recall if you go into the settings menu in the infotainment system ( far right ) there should be settings to manipulate things like that. I think it's under the vehicle or safety tab.

Old 02-06-2017, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mack9112112
If I recall if you go into the settings menu in the infotainment system ( far right ) there should be settings to manipulate things like that. I think it's under the vehicle or safety tab.
Unfortunately, there is no setting to disable the Rear Backup Sensor or the Beep in the Infotainment System. I've checked and 3 different people from the dealership have checked. Apparently, there is no way of disabling the beep or the Backup Sensor, since it was installed at the factory.