Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Seat belt beep beep beep beep beep

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Default Seat belt beep beep beep beep beep

I know it's bad, but I hate wearing my seat belt. Is there any way to turn off that damn beeping noise to remind to put on my seat belt? Even if you're just sitting in a parking lot, it still goes off. Please help. That noise is so annoying.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Default RE: Seat belt beep beep beep beep beep

We have already disscussed this on another thread but we have been unable to find a solution to the problem other than just putting on your seatbelt, but if the alarm goes off if your just starting the car and not go anywhere the sensitivity might be set a little to high and you will have to take it back to the dealership to have them take a look at it.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 PM

The seatbelt minder is in the buckle of the driver's seat. There is no sensitivity adjustment. It simply senses when the tongue is inserted into the buckle.

If it really bothers you that much, you can go to your dealer and they can deactivate the ringer.

I'd recommend that you just wear your seatbelt. Your post leads me to believe that you don't wear it even when driving.

Let me tell you this, the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself in an accident is wear your seatbelt. Even though the front glass on vehicles today is designed to take an impact, your skull really isn't designed for that.

Even in an impact as slow as 10 mph, you can be seriously injured. (Some people think that in a slow impact, they can brace themselves on the dashboard.) Stopping the impact of a 10 mph crash by bracing against the impact would be the equivalent of jumping off a 2 story building and landing on your hands and not smashing your face into the ground. If you can do that, I'm impressed.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

Let me tell you this, the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself in an accident is wear your seatbelt. Even though the front glass on vehicles today is designed to take an impact, your skull really isn't designed for that.

I completely agree with you, i see so many accidents when i'm on duty that deal with people not wearing their seatbelts. this is a very huge safety feature that many people tend to ignore. would you rather try to protect yourself by wearing the seatbelt or take your chances and if you get into an accident, suffer many problems?

if you are doing this for the mere pleasure of just sitting in your car while in park and not driving around, then go for it. but let us say that wearing a seatbelt is a big deal. many lives could have been saved if people would have worn their seatbelts. BUCKLE UP!

Old 04-24-2006, 07:07 PM

seatbelts are for saftey (duh) but i do agree that the reminder is can get annoying but its just a reminder the least you can do is ask your dearlership if they can tone it down a bit.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Teleni

I know it's bad, but I hate wearing my seat belt. Is there any way to turn off that damn beeping noise to remind to put on my seat belt? Even if you're just sitting in a parking lot, it still goes off. Please help. That noise is so annoying.

teleni specifically says in this quote that they don't like to wear a seat belt though.... that was our concern [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 04-25-2006, 12:58 PM

whats wrong with wearing your seatbelt?

Old 04-25-2006, 01:31 PM

haha, you're a funny guy! it's the problem of NOT wearing it...

Old 04-25-2006, 02:14 PM

damn straight im funny oh and btw Teleni you been thread jacked, have a nice day

Old 04-26-2006, 04:00 PM

I think there was one exactly the same discussion on seatbelt reminder, rereading your threat carefully i see whats your problem. the solution is to go to your dealership and tell them u got a problem, why is it a problem? if you are in park and your car is running your seatbelt reminder should NOT GO OFF, why? because as soon as you go to 1st GEAR or "DRIVE" or "REVERSE" it will go off, but if it does it while you are in park you got something wrong with your seatbelt reminder connection. If there sensetivity, tell them to adjust it, if not, explain what it is. I personally do not have this on my MAZDA3s 2006. This is simillar technology with "REVERSE PARKING SENSORS", they will only go off if you are in "DRIVE" or "REVERSE", not in park "SILENT". HOpe it helps.

Quick Reply: Seat belt beep beep beep beep beep