Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2020, 01:02 PM
Default Oil filter adapter

On my gauge project posted earlier in this thread, part of that project was to use a ON-OFF-ON switch to toggle between 2 different temperature senders. This way I am able to monitor my motor oil temperature and my transmission temperature with one gauge.

Also at some point will add an engine oil cooler so I purchased an oil filter adapter that has all the pre-drilled and tapped area's. The thing is this part like almost all of have seen are less then desirable for the finish product. Understanding how oil flows (Fluid Dynamics) these adapters just sucks for best efficiency. So it just needed a little work to bring it to "better" fluid flowing.

A little *Russel Epoxy Paint and they are ready for installation in the future with my coolers.

*For picture I used un-machined finished black anodized AN fitting.

Old 03-10-2020, 10:35 AM
Default Stereo battery drain because of the sub amp and woofers

My Stereo is far from stock. Because of this when i park and shut the engine off if I continue to listen to the radio I also need to diligently watch the battery voltage. In less then 10 minutes with some music I can run the battery into the mid 11 volts. So instead of staring at the volt gauge I install this little monitor that will sound off should I get to my adjusted warning voltage. My new little noise maker to alert me that when parked and ignition off I don't drain my battery "Rock-in Out" to some great Smooth Jazz from my stereo.

Battery Low Voltage Alarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjjE...ature=youtu.be

Build a simple wiring harness !

This little guy does not come with any mounting tabs so I will just use Gorilla tape to attache it under the dash. Itsa a no brainer set-up and installation.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:25 AM
Default Racing Beat muffler

Installed a Racing Beat muffler . Very simple straight forward about 30 minutes.

The sound is very subtle and only wakes up if I get into the throttle. This is what I was looking for....no gains in anything just a little more curb idle sound to give the performance impression.

Later and only for the “FUN FACTOR” I am going to attempt install exhaust cutout. At this point it looks like it might be a clearance challenge?

Stock Muffler

Stock muffler vs RACING BEAT

Old 03-14-2020, 06:35 PM
Default BOSE. an upgrade project

Although one of the BIG reasons I choose this model MAZDA was the factory and specifically engineered by BOSE sound system I am a picky audiophile. The low bass just didn't "KICK" like I like to hear and feel. I purchase a complete KICKER sub-woofer box with 2 12 inch sub-woofers mainly for the box. The box is designed and works very well. It would have cost more for me to have built the same box then to have used this already available complete sub-woofer unit. I did re-glued all the inside panels as well silicone on top of the glue. Then stuffed the box with poly fill and the box wall of the box special acoustic materiel. The pull the MTX speakers that were very efficient but still not the best and replaced them with upper intermediate Robert Fostgate Punch 12" P3 2-Ohm DVC Sub woofer. They are wired for a 1-Ohm load.
I can not take credit for the upholstery as that was done from my freind that own his own upholstery shop. The theme for the interior was mine and he and his crew made it reality. Other picture to follow later. The sub-woofer unit is powered by a Rockford The Punch P1000X1bd mono amplifier pumps out 1,000 Watts into a 1-Ohm load.

With MTX Terminator subs

After swapping out the MTX for the Robert Fostgate Punch 12" P3 P3's

Just for fun.......

A on/off/on switch connected to the 2 color led strips

Old 03-15-2020, 12:19 PM

The Factory BOSE system lacked much when it came to speaker choice of placement. I do understand that they were given a budget and all the specification of the model to design the “best” system within that budget.

The final speaker placement needed the making of 4 custom speaker panels. So at this point I have installed FOCAL tweeters in the upper part of the front pillars, replaced the dash front right and left speakers with 3.5 JBL GTO's, pulled the center channel speaker. The front doors have FOCAL 6-1/2” woofer, FOCAL tweeter and mid range in the custom door panel and a adjustable electronic x-over. Rear doors have exactly the same as the front.
The rear deck has Morel Tempo Ultra 602 6-1/2" set as mid bass in place of the factory 3-1/2 . The rear pillar I mounted FOCAL tweeters.

All the pillars I had Hydro coat carbon fiber and a thick clear coat to bring a depth to the finish.

FRONT DOORS

Old 03-15-2020, 12:22 PM

REAR DOORS

Old 03-15-2020, 12:25 PM

FRONT AND REAR PILLARS

Old 03-15-2020, 12:26 PM
Default Amplifiers

Part of upgrading a sound system is choosing better amplifiers. In this case creating a "better' designed system then BOSE is a challenge but not altogether difficult. I choose to use 3 RockFord Fosgate amplifiers and by pass the BOSE internal amplifier. The first installation task was where to mount 3 LARGE amplifiers? The solution build a panel behind the rear seat. The only semi downfall is accessibility to the adjustment controls. but I should think when it is all finished dialing in the sound should be a set it and leave it task? I primarily listen to smooth Jazz these days and use the Smooth Jazz station from SirusXMso I should think that will have the best finished lessening sounds. Some of you thatplay instruments as well listen to jazz and are audiophiles know that the hardest sound to create for Jazz and really in most sound system is a solid and clear "MID BASS". But I am working on that!

Old 03-15-2020, 12:36 PM
Default Cd player

I installed a CD player in the glove box and re-located the USB and audio input plugs. Now we have a CD player.

The last needed item was a glove-box light. So I installed and wired a on/off switch and a string of LEDs.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:44 PM

I completely rebuilt the factory console switch panel to accommodate the sub-woofer controls and other accessory plug ins.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do