Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Things I like to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 10:36 AM

The back was really rough so I used Flex Seal liquid rubber to protect it and also make the surface less likely to attack road grim.

Old 04-04-2020, 10:39 AM

A little more pre paint prep sanding and finished the project ready to be mounted on my Mazda in the near future.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:10 PM

Back on my previous project having to do with the engine cover. I didn't like the color once I tried it out. So I opt to do a darker color with it and a few other parts. I alos made a new cover emblem which will match my front grill emblem eliminating all I.D. badges and emblems identifying my Mazda 3 as a Mazda.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:17 PM

Here is the semi finished cover. I still have a couple more things to do before it will be ready to mount on the engine.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:56 PM
Default Functional CAI

I didn't really care for any of the already offered CAI available from various vendors, so I desided to design and build my own.
For the folks in the arm chairs and curious about me by trade of sorts I did/do this for a living engineering and designing Performance Parts for a few platforms over about 4 decades. Sooooo I may have learned a trick or 2...?

I don't really want to get into the results details because it would only take away from what was really just about doing my own project. I will at least say that I used a Dyers Megnahelic gauge to measure my progress always adjusting things towards the positive during my stages of design for a net gain

Onward to start: PART 1
I ordered a new intake part from MAZDA and a tube that I think will fit the project perfectly. Then proceeded to cut it up....

End Part 1 later

Last edited by Callisto; 04-08-2020 at 12:08 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:18 AM

Part 2

Old 04-08-2020, 11:27 AM

Here is the completed PART 2 section of the intake system I designed and built. There are a few parts that I used from various sources but most modified to some degree from its intended original use. I did some things as they really may only apply to my MAZDA 3

Last edited by Callisto; 04-08-2020 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:44 AM

Machining a Throttle Body Spacer.
I needed a spacer to install a Intake air temperature sensor,water/meth injection nozzle and a couple extra threaded ports for other possible future projects. Once again no one offers this for the 2018 Mazda 3, ATX 2.5 NA so I just will make my own.

Old 04-18-2020, 02:00 PM

I have been on the hunt for a bothersome rattle for some time. It was on the driver side and was annoying as hell. I thought it was something under the dash because I have added so many new wires something might have been less secure. NOPE!!!
Then I remembered the noise started right after we installed the new windshield that need tome removed to upholster the head liner. The damn rattle was coming form the plastic wiper and vent cover under the hood. When the plastic was cold it would vibrate with any irregular road condition. And naturally always in the middle of me listening to me Jazz music.

So off it came. I completely disassembled and meticulously cleaned all the parts. There were 7 parts not including the seals. I also took the opportunity to clean the body area that is basically covered the life of the car. Then I re-assembled the many separate parts and installed all new fasteners and even added a few more. All told I replace over 45 fastener. The rattle is now completely gone.

Last edited by Callisto; 04-18-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2020, 02:05 PM

Yes this is a small part of my garage supplies. One can never have enough of these on hand when you are a car modding fool!

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Things I like to do