Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

mazda 3 leather seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Default mazda 3 leather seats

I have a 2004 mazda 3s and I was looking to replace my stock cloth seats with leather seats. Im wondering if I could take seats from anoth
er car and which cars I could take from that would bolt straight in. also how much does it cost on average to re upholster seats to leather?

Old 01-11-2013, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Depending on where in the world you are and the cars available, try a SP23 LTD or a MPS.

Phone a upholstery shop and ask how much for a re-trim.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

The front seats should be swapable between any similar Mazda 3. You can certainly swap first gen for first gen.... not sure if there are large differences in the mounts between the first and second gen.... probably not.

For the rear seats you can swap between the sedan and hatchback however there are actually differences in the seats. The sedan seats have a locking latch on the back which locks out the fold-down button on the seat back itself. This way you can disable the trunk release and have the trunk completely locked. So if you put hatchback seats in a sedan you'd no longer be able to do that.

Also for 2007 and newer there's a fold-down armrest in the rear seats.

The only other thing you'd need to look at would be side airbags. If your car is equipped with them now then you'd either need to replace with a seat that has them as well or suffer a constant CEL (and a much less safe car).

Old 10-31-2014, 02:30 PM

My 2014 Mazda 3 S series sedan has the best leather seats Mazda offers! The only problem is at less than 2000 miles my wife 115 pounds sat in the front leather seat for the first time today. The seat stitching came loose and now the new leather seat looks like a pre restored 1964 impala from east LA. The dealer looked at the seat and said We are sorry took photos and said we will review these photos and get back to you. made me feel real good NOT! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

Last edited by goldsworthy; 10-31-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by goldsworthy
The seat stitching came loose and now the new leather seat looks like a pre restored 1964 impala from east LA. The dealer looked at the seat and said We are sorry took photos and said we will review these photos and get back to you. made me feel real good NOT! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!
That's the key reason that I can no longer recommend Mazda cars to friends and family. Every warranty repair turned into a game of "Let's Make A Deal" with Mazda looking to find an excuse why they weren't liable for defects under the terms of their warranty.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by teamsc10190
That's the key reason that I can no longer recommend Mazda cars to friends and family. Every warranty repair turned into a game of "Let's Make A Deal" with Mazda looking to find an excuse why they weren't liable for defects under the terms of their warranty.
UPDATE! My local Mazda dealer service department called to inform me that Mazda has approved a new leather seat exchange with my damaged one. NO CHARGE