Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Let's get high

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 12:36 AM
Default Let's get high

Ladies and gentlemen, it's time.

The time has come for me to turn away from the ways of being stock height and turn my gaze upon the heavens.

My 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 has been my baby from day 1. Bought her brand new from a Mazdaspeed dealer that was a few hours away from my house and I learned to drive stick when I drove her off the lot. She's been with me for 11 years and has seen 2 failed relationships, 3 kids, a dog, some random heckin cat, and lots of miles. I've been through good weather, bad weather, good roads, bad roads, and off-road. Stock height isn't doin it for me anymore.

I want to lift her up. I want to install mud tires. I want to get a bull bar. I want a light bar. I want mud flaps!

Dammit y'all, I'm about to get country.

I've seen the lifted Miatas and thought to myself, "Self? How many lifted MS3s do you see driving around? None. How many lifted MS3s do you see online? None." Well ladies and gents, that got me thinking...

Why not?

Hell, the very thought of lifting the Mazdaspeed gets me so happy every time I think about it!

Let me cut to the chase:

I want to lift the MS3, but I'm not sure which is the best approach. Should I get CX5 shocks and use that to lift it? (I don't even know if that'll work) Or should I find a lift kit and do it that way?

I'm not trying to do rally races. I'm not trying to get crazy. I'm not trying to get stuck in the mud with a FWD car lol.
Simply put, I wanna do something a good bit different, I just need some advice before jumping down this rabbit hole.

Stay sexy.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:42 AM

What the heck - why not. It is your car and you should have fun with it, however you define fun. I suspect you are on your own. I doubt there have been many before you that have done what you are about to do. Keep us posted about your progress. Post pictures as you go, including starting pictures.

Who knows you may start a trend. Someday there may be a second person to follow your lead. I would be interested to follow your progress.

Good luck.