General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Ok don't let this happen to you...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Default Ok don't let this happen to you...

Well I work at Discount Tire here in Irving Tx...

Any way well, I have been talking to a few of the guys and I love to hear some of the "storys" about things that have happend in the shop befor...

Well I have heared of a few that were pretty crazy...

See I never new that some SUVs had an AirRide system that comes stock, meaning we have to flip a switch in the cab to turn it off befor we lift it. Well someone had forgotten to turn it off and when they lowered it the whole system kind of exploded....

Well anothing think I hate (this happend this morning) Some or most of those little Susukie or what ever they are called have really S$^#ty Lugnuts, there so bad that I can't even take them off with the air gun. I have to take all of them off using a X tire tool. Even then with three guys working on it well still get two of the lugs that don't come off and we have to cut the bolts just so we can get the wheels off.

ARG!!! I have been very happy with all Mazdas that have come into the shop. I mean really easy. Bolt come right off, tires are really easy to put on, tourqe at 80 and then she is good to go.

lol, can you tell I work to much?

later

Old 03-10-2006, 12:12 PM
Default RE: Ok don't let this happen to you...

Uh... what kind of torque are you using to remove the lugs?

Old 03-10-2006, 11:47 PM

If you ever do any older Mopars Alucard...such as Dodge and Plymouth the lugs on the driver side are reverse thread!! The passenger side are normal. I'm not kidding!

Old 03-11-2006, 12:03 AM
mph

hay bkey71 old re pickups had the same thing oops i hadw to buy new lug nuts fof my old re p/u when i found out the hard way , doop .
alucard i ust to drive a tow truck ,as the driver the ownre payed you to work on your truck every one else hade to change tires but me . why? the truck i drove had split rims ,if none has told you the dangers of split rims my boss pointed to the sealing and embed up thare was the locking ring ,tire chage good theing

Old 03-12-2006, 02:09 AM

lol yeah split rims suck...

Old 03-20-2006, 10:17 PM

having easy to remove tires is a bittersweet thing if you ask me, sure having easy to remove tires saves a lot a pain and frustration when doing it but someone might like to be a jerk a steal em, ya know just to be an ***.