Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Factory-Installed Xenon Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Default Factory-Installed Xenon Issues

Hey, I just found this forum because a small problem has since become a big pain-in-the-butt. I have an '05 3s 5-door with, amongst other things, the xenon lights package. The lights are white xenon, and one of them just went out this week (bought the car new 10months ago.) Took it in to the local dealership, they spent 2 HOURS on it; they had the bumper and driver-side wheel off to get into the housing I guess. well, once i get the keys, i turn them on just on instinct, and sure enough, the new light is not only BLUE, but it's flickering a bit. They held onto it and said they think they know what it is, but I am wondering if anyone else has had any problems similar to this. I ran a search, but only came up with after-market HID issues. This is covered under warranty, but you guys seem to know how to build and rebuild these cars (i sure as hell don't,) so i thought I'd ask whether or not it should ever take that long to replace a friggen bulb.

Oh, I know so little about Xenon lights, these are my first, that I went to check the owner's manual to see what model bulb I needed and read that I have to take it in to the dealer (or some shop i guess) because i could kill myself with the high voltage. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Alex

Old 02-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Default RE: Factory-Installed Xenon Issues

At the moment i have my drivers side headlight out (i got a 06 mazda3 s) and im taking it to shop tomorrow, but ive looked inside where the headlights go and found out that its alot a crap that you have to go through to get to the headlight and unfrotunatly it might take that long to get to it, cant kix ti myself cuz my hands are too big, but anyway since Mazda thought it was a great idea to push the motor foward, add a crap load of plastic, and put all the important stuff at the bottom and stuff, they made it harder than it should be get to your lights and stuff.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:52 AM

HI

Yep I have great problems with my Xenons on my 6 its 10 months. I have had 3 Xenons changed and tomorrow I'm getting a new Ballast module in the right side.
I have found that Mazda is controlling the Xenons wrong and by changing things won't help any thing. The problem is in the "Daylight running module" when you turn the key the lights turn on and when you crank the engine they go off again and then on just after "if you are lucky" this operation is very damaging for the Ballast and Xenons.
The lights should not turn on before the engine is up and running.
I am developing a small module to mount on the "Daylight running module" so the problem should disappear.

Old 04-05-2006, 06:08 PM

I have recently installed an Aftermarket HID Xenon's, well they are not under warranty from MAzda but from the seller for 1 year, Daylight headlights is a stupid Idea, because of the glare it creates and also very blinding during the day time. Those lights are not cheap and good to have it covered, but since i had to install it myself it is a pain in the ***, and mazda should have easier access to get there, Removing front bumper and a wheel takes time, unless those accesseries would be close to the buttom like foglights which are very easy to access as well as the horn, I think from time to time working on it there will be easier ways to get to parts.