Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Xenon Headlight

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Default Xenon Headlight

Hi all i am new to your site and it looks really good. The problem i have is that on my Mazda 3 it has Xenon Headlights and when they are on they seem to point down on to the road too much and they need to come up but there is no levelling switch in the car as they are supposed to be auto levelling. Thanks for any info.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Default RE: Xenon Headlight

If your car came stock with the xenons, there are two screws on the headlight housing that you can adjust. One is for adjusting vertically, and one is for adjusting horizontally. If your car was halogen equipped, and you converted to an aftermarket kit, there really isn't any adjustment you can do, except making sure that your bulbs are seated properly in the housing.
If you go onto mazda3forums.com, there is a great write up on this.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

I'm guessing if you have auto-leveling HID's then you're most likely in Europe, yes? I don't know if aiming them up would actually help as they'd most likely just level back down.

I don't know enough about the auto-leveling systems to be able to give you a good answer. Sorry.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:40 PM

My 06 3GT has an adjustment inside supposedly to help compensate for rear passengers or cargo. It moves the lights some but not much.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: icspots

I'm guessing if you have auto-leveling HID's then you're most likely in Europe, yes? I don't know if aiming them up would actually help as they'd most likely just level back down.

I don't know enough about the auto-leveling systems to be able to give you a good answer. Sorry.
I did just notice that his sig says he's from England.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:55 AM

Hi another brit here..
Did you get this sorted as I have now exactly the same problem.?
The dealer fitted new wheels for me earlier this week (corroding..under warranty) and i hear a rumour that the automatic levelling sensor is at the top of a suspension arm, and could have been disturbed.....
I am into the dealer in the next few days to investigate.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:13 PM

I hopefu;;y have the light problem fixed as the car is going in next week to have the levelling sensors replaced and i will keep you informed.
Alan

Old 03-22-2007, 07:43 AM

Car went in and lights were re-levelled (they were too low set) Ok until last night when the lights are all up in the air, saw the treetops clearly, and lots of people were obviously my friends as they flashed me as they went past.
Booked in again Monday, I now also suspect the auto levelling system is U/S. Will post result on the UK Maz3 forum.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: N19 ALE

Hi all i am new to your site and it looks really good. The problem i have is that on my Mazda 3 it has Xenon Headlights and when they are on they seem to point down on to the road too much and they need to come up but there is no levelling switch in the car as they are supposed to be auto levelling. Thanks for any info.
Hi

New to Mazda3 (07) and new to these boards, I'm in the UK as well and have auto-levelling Xenon lights. However I've found they are far to low. Is there any levelling thing you can do when they are automatic? I drive on country roads a lot and its difficult driving over 45mph when I cant see far enough in front

Thanks in advance

Old 04-11-2007, 08:31 AM

Mine is in at the dealer now having a full check on the wiring, I was able to take the car in last week with (this time) the lights way too high (last time way too low). I will post the outcome on the UK Maz3 forum when I know.

Quick Reply: Xenon Headlight