Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

A different shudder & a rougher ride

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Default A different shudder & a rougher ride

Hi again everyone,
Ok, I found out that my original shudder was just the a.c. kicking in, which I can def. live with! But I was wondering if anyone else was having these next two issues with their Mazda 3's or could give me advice as to what it might be.

1. Now my car feels like it's always shacking. It'll be little shutters then a slightly bigger one. It does this without the a.c. on and the rpm isn't affected. Putting it in neutral kind of gets rid of it.

2. It just feels like no matter what road I'm on I'm always going over bumps even if the road is newly paved. Could this be related to the suspension or tire balancing or something? I don't know why my car with only 700 miles on it would act like this.

Any ideas, suggestions or re-assurance is greatly welcome. Thanks!

Old 05-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Default RE: A different shudder & a rougher ride

im not sure about what is causing your first problem. I also have that problem with my 3. the car shudders low then kinda gets higher. Im gonna be taking my car to the dealer soon and let them know about this problem. I'll let you know what they say about. And as for your 2nd issue, Ive never had that with my car.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:14 PM

Wow, Mzda 3 I would really appreciate knowing what the dealer tells you. Thats really nice of you to come back and post their answer. I might just be being paranoid about the 2nd issue. I don't know. I just want my new car to perfect, ya know.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:06 PM

When you take to dealer make sure they give a good check to the purge solenoid valve. They have been a little prone to sticking open when at idle and causing some rough/surging problems. Needs to be cycled on multiple times to make sure it is closing fully each time. The bumpy road feel could be related more to your tires. The lower profile tires on the 3 with alloys have this problem. Just not enough rubber there to cushion road variation. Also check your tire pressure. Should be 32psi. They come from factory with around 60 to prevent flat spots on the boat and if was not adjusted correctly at idle that would def give you a hard ride.

Old 05-20-2006, 01:31 PM

Thanks for that advice! Have you had these problems with you mazda 3? I really appreciate it. If mzd3 says that the dealer told him/her that it was purge solenoid valve, I'll def. be taking mine to get looked at!

Old 05-22-2006, 03:38 PM

hey CommMajor101,

Well about 3 days before I went to the dealer, the problem stopped. I still mentioned what happened but I couldnt prove it. He said that it was probably the A.C. and that my aftermarket exhaust was making it more noticeable. I told him it would happen even with the AC off so I asked them to check the purge solenoid valve as babyhuey mentioned and he said it was working properly. Again, he tried to tell me it was the aftermarket exhaust. Im sorry that I couldnt be any help to your problem, but if the shuddering occurs again, I will take it to a different dealer right away and PM you with the results. Again sorry for not being able to help.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:16 PM

You're a great help Mzd3. I appreciate it! It's funny that you mentioned that it stopped 'cause mine has lessened. It's barely noticable. Maybe it's just something it does occasionally. However, we know it's NOT the after market exhaust b/c I don't have that and I have the same problem. If I end up taking mine to get checked out I'll post the results in here for ya.

Anyone else having this problem too?