Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Brake help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 04:26 PM
Default Brake help

Hi all,
I've had some major shaking in my steering wheel for a while now. I took my car to PepBoys to simply have the rotors milled but they said even after milling them twice they couldn't get rid of the shaking so they recommended new rotors. That helped some, except when tapping the brakes at high speed where it would vibrate a lot. So I took it back and got new rotors and this time new pads (thinking the olds ones were messed up from the previous rotor). Now it vibrates more.
To digress a bit I have hit potholes over the past 2 years that bent my front right rim that I had to replace and I blewout the tire on my left front just a few months ago. There is also a very subtle knock in the steering wheel. I think something behiind the rotors is bent. I made an appointment with the dealer but the guy on the phone says he thinks its the rotors even though they are new. I asked if they knew how to measure the runout of the hub and bearing but it didn't sound like he knew how to do that or was silling to do that. I think he just wants to blame aftermarket parts and bolt on mazda parts. Sorry for the long note but any ideas about what is wrong and how to get it fixed? Thanks.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:57 PM

bolt on mazda parts are NOT made in china. too many owners out there think quality is all the same, therefore, go for price. they also buy laminated flooring from lumber liquidators. and melamine baby formula. and petco chinese pet treats. and, while i agree that a lot of mazda parts are expensive, i would NEVER put chinese brake rotors on MY car. it's like motorcycle helmets. if you got a 29.95 brain, then by all means, get a 29.95 helmet.