Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Bluetooth/Siri Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Default Bluetooth/Siri Question

So, I just bought a 2013 Mazda 3 GT and the bluetooth is a great feature, but the voice recognition is a little....quirky.

Does anyone know of a way to connect siri to the bluetooth?

I know if I press the home button on my phone, siri comes through, but is there a way to get siri to be prompted by the bluetooth button on my steering wheel.

What about to get her to control the navigation/stereo - I know this is a long shot, but god it would be great if these things could be intergrated.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:02 PM

bueller?

Old 08-25-2013, 06:40 AM

I couldn't get it to work with my '11, either. It would be great to access and use Siri, but I'm not finding a way for it to work.

The biggest downer for me is phonebook entry. It appears there is no way to import my phonebook without doing it one entry at a time. Even if I use the home button, it seems like there's some kind of conflict and Bluetooth disconnects.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:21 AM

I think the only solution I've taken seriously is an aftermarket head unit that has an adapter to your steering wheel controls. I had a Kenwood in my old Honda which worked very well. It wouldn't change the stations, but it would do everything your iPhone was designed to do through the phone itself using the car speakers and microphone. You could dial the phone, have it read your unread texts, reply to them, even look up subjects on wikipedia and have the first paragraph read to you.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:19 AM

Here's the stereo I used Kenwood DPX500BT USB/CD and this steering wheel control unit is supposed to work: Metra Axxess ASWC1 Steering Wheel Control Interface.