New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New here, quick question about bluetooth connectivity

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Default New here, quick question about bluetooth connectivity

Hello everyone,

I've got a 2012 Mazda3 sport/skyactiv.

Love the car, 2 flats within the first year unfortunately - nothing to do with the car though, living in an urban construction zone mostly (Vancouver!)

Anyways, I've got a question about the bluetooth connectivity in the car. Since getting the car I've been playing music through the Line In (Aux) with a small mp3 player hooked up to a mini cable in the center compartment between the seats.

Well, recently I had an update on my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Android) - and all of a sudden the line in feature is now GONE and everytime I have the Aux setting selected it searches for bluetooth audio. I have songs on my phone, so it just automatically starts playing them. Even if I pause/stop the music on my phone it doesn't matter, everytime I start the car or answer a phone call, it automatically starts playing the songs right after. I tried playing songs through bluetooth before the update and it never worked, so I figured the bluetooth audio was an iPhone only thing. It seems with this new phone update, it has this feature incorporated and now the car is picking up on it.

I am wondering how to DISABLE this so I can use the line in, and of course if I want to use bluetooth audio be able to switch back and forth. I tried a bunch of buttons and fiddling with the car and nothing seems to be able to turn off the automatic bluetooth audio search.

I want my line in back!

Can anyone help?