General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2013 Mazda Stereo/Sirius/Nav/Bluetooth touchscreen - bluetooth frozen - how to reset?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Default 2013 Mazda Stereo/Sirius/Nav/Bluetooth touchscreen - bluetooth frozen - how to reset?

My 2013 CX-5 with the touch screen stereo/nav combo has suddenly gotten stuck in a state that it *thinks* a bluetooth phone is not only connected, but in use -- I can't get to the radio settings at all , All I have (besides being able to get to nav) is "Connected" and "Transfer to Vehicle"

We've tried pulling the audio 1 & 2 fuses, and even tried (quickly) jumping into menus when the system restarts to reset bluetooth -- but it happens way to quickly.

I've had zero luck finding a sequence to reset the system. I've seen a lot with pressing the power button and an M key and a preset key -- but my system doesn't have buttons like that. Just the 2 dials for power and tuning, and the 3 buttons on the left for 'audio, phone, nav' and on the right for 'setup, seek >>, and seek <<'

I've tried many random combinations of pressing and holding buttons, but have had no luck ..

I'm going on a long over the road trip Tuesday morning and am hoping to fix it asap -- not sure if I'll be able to get into a dealership tomorrow as I gotta work (((

Any help is greatly appreciated