Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Bluetooth musical audio

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 08:55 AM
Default Bluetooth musical audio

My daughter was playing with my iphone yesterday in the car. Now all the sudden the musical note icon is gone from my display. I've powered off my phone and restarted, hoping it would just simply "reconnect". No such luck. What can I do to get my music audio back? I miss not listening to music from my iphone when I am commuting.

Please keep instructions simple! I am not tech savy.

Old 01-19-2014, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Is the Iphone connected via USB , AUX or Bluetooth?

Old 02-16-2014, 01:15 PM

Just a wild guess but if you go to list of paired BT devices and click on your phone, in the settings there are options something like "Use this device for music and communications" and music and communications separately.
In case this doesn't solve the problem, in the settigs (Gear icon in homescreen) there's somewhere an option to recover factory settings. (This takes few minutes and it's normal)
If this doesn't work I'd start looking for reason in the phone itself or ask mazda for help.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:52 PM

Press Bluetooth button on steering wheel.
"Select music player"
It asks for which previously paired device you want to use.
Say it.
It asks you to confirm.

At least that's how it works in my car. And it's a guessing game of whether it will actually recognize that I want to select a device or if it think I'm wanting to dial a number. That's an adventure in itself.