Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2012 Mazda cruise control

Old 03-17-2012, 10:08 AM

Thanks--I have read other places and I agree with you. I think the thing called the ecu has to be turned on to allow the cruise to work. I have obtained the wiring diagram for the 2012 and they only use one wiring harness. Every thing should be there. Drove the car last night and all the lights work fine.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:55 PM

Anyone get anywhere with this and/or have the part numbers? Bought a sport yesterday and definitely want to add cruse. Didn't even know they still made cars without CC...

Old 03-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Talking Good News

OK everyone. Just had my Mazda 3 I-sport put on the computer this afternoon and had the speed control setting turned on. The service rep tried to tell me the car did not have the necessary stuff to work but I convinced him to try it. I told him I would pay for the work even if it did not work. He was shocked because he had been convinced that it wouldn't. It worked like a charm. He plugged his computer in to the under-the-dash port and fired up his diagnostic program and selected the VIN number and then selected the speed icon and hit enter and the computer told him to select inhibit or activate. He punched activate and the program ran for about a minute and then said done. He disconnected and drove around the block and came back with a big grin and said that I now had cruise control. Cost me $27.00 bucks for the job. DON'T LET ANY DEALERSHIP TELL YOU IT CAN'T BE DONE. The only part you need is the switch assembly Mazda part number BBM5-66-4M0C. The "C" indicated that it is for a 2012 model. You can get the part here markk@northpennvwmazda.com . Cost $178.00 plus shipping. Mark can be reached at mazdapartswholesale.com. The steering wheel/switch removal and installation guide located on this web site is simple and very easy to do. I left my positive terminal cable off all night with the light switch on just to be safe.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 PM

Thats good news as I just picked mine up this evening. Glad it worked out for you.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 PM

Is yours manual or automatic ? Also are you saying you didn't need the brake switch ?

Old 03-19-2012, 09:30 PM

Mine is the 5 speed automatic/manual. Based on everything that I have read it makes no difference on the cruise control. Not sure though. The brake switch is the same on all the 2012's. The swith number is BN7N. It is very easy to remove and look at it. The BN7N cost $14.00 if you need it.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:27 PM

Than's for all the info! Definitely going to add this on now.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:01 AM

Just remember this may not work for some European models, some (like mine) still use a cable for the throttle. Just FYI to those of us across the big big pond

Old 03-20-2012, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by midget9999
Mine is the 5 speed automatic/manual. Based on everything that I have read it makes no difference on the cruise control. Not sure though. The brake switch is the same on all the 2012's. The swith number is BN7N. It is very easy to remove and look at it. The BN7N cost $14.00 if you need it.
Ahhh, but if you really had a manual transmission (no such a thing as an "automatic/manual", just an automatic with a semi-automatic mode), then your car would also need a clutch switch to disengage the cruise control.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Default I just read the advertisements

Originally Posted by shipo
Ahhh, but if you really had a manual transmission (no such a thing as an "automatic/manual", just an automatic with a semi-automatic mode), then your car would also need a clutch switch to disengage the cruise control.
I just read the advertisements. "They tell me it's automatic/manual I believe it." I once had a 1968 VW that had no clutch but the tranny was the same as the ones that had a clutch. I believe they called it an electric clutch. (no pedel)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Mazda cruise control