Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2010 Mazda 3 upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tracker
XD, must of been made by the F&F crew

You must mean the F&FU crew.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by dbmazda
Chips worked in my 1990 Nissan 240sx. That is the only chip I used in any of my cars.
If you have an auto trans it will change your shift points, raise the RPMs,
advance your timing, etc. Those things help to make HP.

But an chip is allways the last thing you do.
I would go with better spark plugs for now.
Cut the ground make more fire.
"Cut the ground, make more fire?" You've got to be kidding. The fact is that there is only so much fuel and air in your combustion chamber and one single spark plug, regardless of gap and electrode count, isn't gong to make any more (but maybe less) fire than the factory plugs.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:35 AM

I must claim ignorance on the whole chip thing, that is why I asked. On the other hand, the chip I referenced was just one that I stumbled upon quickly before (or during) my initial post.

I haven't heard anyone say anything else about any other type of module/chip or anything that can be used. I just assumed that there would be some custom type unit out there for that purpose.

But, I guess it is a good thing that there isn't. It basically says that Mazda has a good product and that it should just be driven the way it is. That is of course unless you plan to do a major overhaul or modification.

Thanks, I will enjoy!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by dbmazda
Chips worked in my 1990 Nissan 240sx. That is the only chip I used in any of my cars.
If you have an auto trans it will change your shift points, raise the RPMs,
advance your timing, etc. Those things help to make HP.

But an chip is allways the last thing you do.
I would go with better spark plugs for now.
Cut the ground make more fire.
I want proof that that product works for the Mazda 3. Manufactures like Honda, Subaru, Nissan dont have the same restrictions as Mazda (for the 3 in this case) does for the accessable parameters to allow for adjustments. The allowable range that the PCM allows is obsurdly tight (on the 3) and a chip only modifies a/f and spk, as well as rpm's, but it cannot overcome the strategies that are programmed into the ECU, therefore when it gets to a certian point the ECU uses it stratagies to cancel out the chips settings or goes haywire and you have more problems. Besides if you look on the site you can tell that its a pretty generic, a chip is going to have more of a chance working on OBD1 cars or ones that have a more lenient ECU.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Default help

Hey i have a 2010 mazda 3 i 2.0 L and im trying to find a cold air intake for my car but i cant find one for it. Can someone help me out?