Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2005 mazda 3 turbo engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
The only problem I see with that plan (besides the obvious) is that your wife may complain about needing to say goodbye to the automatic transmission in the Mazda5 in favor of a third pedal being added under your dash and a 6-Speed manual shift lever sprouting up where the automatic shifter used to be.

If you were to perform such surgery on your Mazda5, and if said surgery was successful, you would truly have the hippest and most fun to drive Mazda5 in the world.
There would only be one of two outcomes to this if I were to attempt this... 1)the engine will fall on me and i will be dead... 2) the wife will come out and see what I am doing and I will be dead!! And I'm not looking forward to any of those... especially the latter

Old 12-19-2011, 09:15 AM

No Decent comebacks at all, just it cant be done in 12 hours,you guys are utter loosers, it takes less than 2mins in the factory to install a car engine,
crane lifts engine up from underneath,then two nuts are bolted down from the top to hold it in, then 4 bolts get bolted up from underneath. ive watched numerous people including mechanics, how fast they work, and how most do not know what order is best to remove things

, i remember the old rwd cars, it would only take 15 mins to remove the engine, 4 bolts, and a knife, and something to lift the engine out, front wheel drive engines go down, theres no way to get squashed from the engine falling out, if you are under it, as long as you have removed the top engine mount bolts, once you have removed all the lower suspension, theres 2 bolts by the timing cover which you need to unbolt, and two by the gearbox , then you place blocks under engine, lower car down, so engine meets blocks, then undo the last two bolts holding engine, from the top, then lift car, off engine,

i didnt say anything about installing a manual box with this engine, either, as that would definetly take a bit longer,because of a 3rd pedal, which is only held on by 4 small bolts, which im sure you guys will recon that will take hours to do, i also missed a few little details out, as i wasnt going to explain completely in detail how to remove your engine, just for the simple fact, none of you know what you are talking about, and i dont want you to get hurt,

Airtools are use less for this job, as you spend more time changing the sockets or looking for bolts to unbolt than you do unbolting them, might be handy on the wheel nuts like thats a hard job to unbolt,

Hydraulic hoists are useless, the thing that lifts the car off the ground, if you take in the consideration of getting the car on the hoist, then up in the air, theres 15mins gone, i use to strip 2 cars a day(7hours)completely out using a hoist a airtools, i could have the engine out and stripped down to all the different grade metals in less than a hour, using airtools,

IM WILLING TO BET 1 MILLION DOLLARS CASH, that i can have this job done in 12 hours, 24 hours if i have to strip out the parts car as well,

Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 AM

where did mazda 5 come from, i thought this was the Mazda3 and Mps turbo swap,

What i am talking about is having a complete parts car, for all the bits i need, i will strip everything i dont need on my car,the one i plan to convert, that will be the dash, front suspension, engine and gearbox, and wiring, and throw it all away, or resell onwards,

then on the parts car, i will try and keep the whole front drivetrain engine and gearbob as complete as i possibly could like they do in the factory, leave the front wheels on,, then wheel the whole unit like a trailer to my car that i will be putting it in, but before i put in, i will need to bolt in new wiring, as its bound to be different because of being turbo and running a different computer,, it should be all attached to the dash assy,

Think about it properly, and tell me how long it would take you, to do this job, and only reply if you know actually how to do it

the biggest mistake people make, they buy a cheap tools, and i mean cheap, the type that sockets break or shatter, they break ratchets,, or they own a socket set, that contains 70percent of sockets that will never get used in their life, the manufacturers put them in to make it look like a good deal, i only buy sockets i need, or throw away one the ones in the set that will never get used,- 8,10,12,14,17,19mm are the ones i have, and only use, not including my two sparkplug sockets, or my 32 mm cv socket, or 21mm magnut socket

Old 12-19-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Hua
No Decent comebacks at all, just it cant be done in 12 hours,you guys are utter loosers...
You know, I don't mind being called a "looser" (whatever the hell that is) by a complete moron; I just consider the source.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:53 PM

Josh, unless you can prove to us that you can actaully swap an eninge in real life rather than NFS or on paper, im calling you a liar. I know 2 people who have done this swap it took each person 2 weeks to fully swap the engine, trans and other components that did not include getting all the nessarry parts before starting the project. Both of the mentioned people were also familiar with the mazda format and knew what they were doing. How about this, you contact ken @ protegegarage and ask him, if he gives you an answer other than "just buy a speed 3" or "your an idiot" tell us.

Your not working with a Honda, its not plug and play easy stuff