Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Was I rip off on MOT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2023, 01:23 PM

You see - user "ondersma80" understood my SPECIFICS - Mazda 2 2011 - BOTH rear shock absorbers replacement - what else would like to know? Colour or my car would help?

Old 12-26-2023, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by the_bart123
You see - user "ondersma80" understood my SPECIFICS - Mazda 2 2011 - BOTH rear shock absorbers replacement - what else would like to know? Colour or my car would help?
Ya well LOL I do this for a living for he does not!
I write service orders up weekly so if you like his response good for you! I would guess on the old calculator aprox. 240 which I know is on the low side?
Otherwise go re-read what I would need as an ASE to give you the reasons or what to expect labor time and parts might be at least in my area of CA!

Last edited by Callisto; 12-26-2023 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2023, 09:13 PM

Was really not that complicated. A common issue is thinking a certification means anything at all. Having a certification doesn't mean a service order is automatically written up with any professionalism or competence. I just looked at what was described and assumed a tech or advisor hadn't added any blinker fluid or camshaft lubricator gaskets.

One of my favorites I read around here is the absurd retort to anyone posting info from a bulletin and receiving a cut and paste of Mazda's notice at the bottom of each page. In the USA the Safety Act and MAP-21 require all manufacture communications to dealers - bulletins - be provided and posted publicly by the NHTSA. The materials publicly posted can be consumed, quoted, copied, shared and distributed by anyone in the USA. Mazda can put whatever warning they want and it's meaningless - in the USA the consumer has the right to do anything they please with those bulletins and Mazda can't do anything about it. And they will keep providing those bulletins in a timely fashion as required or they won't sell cars in the USA. They do what they are told.

Old 12-27-2023, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by ondersma80

Ya I can see now you were likely overcharged....attitude with a customer reflects the cost of service... your case FAIL! rolmao!
Bottom line you sign and agreed on the servicein the shop complaining now that you were over charged(likely) is not against any law in the USA so maybe a lesson learn but then again for some maybe not? lol

As for the true usage of a TSB some need to understand copyright laws and also the intended use and who is qualified to interpret properly use them. They are frequently tossed around from individuals that only read into what they want and think it affects them. I am sure these types of people will also take internet symptoms of an aliment to there Doctors as well. I mean really who needs any kind of professional training and schooling anymore when we have armchair keyboard wizards that KNOW-IT-ALL. lol

I am defiantly done with this dude at least on this thread...I am sure we have not read the last of this member, I will be watching! Love the entertainment!

Last edited by Callisto; 12-27-2023 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Ya I can see now you were likely overcharged....attitude with a customer reflects the cost of service... your case FAIL! rolmao!
Bottom line you sign and agreed on the servicein the shop complaining now that you were over charged(likely) is not against any law in the USA so maybe a lesson learn but then again for some maybe not? lol

As for the true usage of a TSB some need to understand copyright laws and also the intended use and who is qualified to interpret properly use them. They are frequently tossed around from individuals that only read into what they want and think it affects them. I am sure these types of people will also take internet symptoms of an aliment to there Doctors as well. I mean really who needs any kind of professional training and schooling anymore when we have armchair keyboard wizards that KNOW-IT-ALL. lol

I am defiantly done with this dude at least on this thread...I am sure we have not read the last of this member, I will be watching! Love the entertainment!
Just to clear things up - the response above is not to the correct member. "ondersma80" is not who had the service done and asked the question. It was "the_bart123"....

Old 01-03-2024, 10:56 AM

If you looked, I did not quote any member with their response, but my response was opened ended for those that felt it applied to them. Hense the quote removed before my responses.
I do however appreciate you quoted my responses again as it will get noticed now again going to the top of the responses listing on the forum today. LOL
Lets not IMHO dig up this thread that has been quietly sitting for a few days now?

Old 01-03-2024, 11:45 AM

Lol- directing the forum again, are we? I DID read your post (again- JUST NOW) and it shows the following: "originally posted by ondersma80" and you put a picture of a donkey in the place of his posted text from the previous post, then you posted your reply. It most certainly IS directed at a specific member. If you didn't intend this, you may want to remove the quote with the donkey photo....

Old 01-03-2024, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Lol- directing the forum again, are we? I DID read your post (again- JUST NOW) and it shows the following: "originally posted by ondersma80" and you put a picture of a donkey in the place of his posted text from the previous post, then you posted your reply. It most certainly IS directed at a specific member. If you didn't intend this, you may want to remove the quote with the donkey photo....
I am not sure what your point is? Are you bored today?
This thread has been growing old until you have been surfing around reading old and resent threads and responses today?
I don't need to remove the picture or edit that response. It was done exactly in the position of this thread and after the previous response before i posed. I made my point as I wanted, and the responses could be general information. Depends on how you take it. However, to be clear it was not in any way directed at you. So leave it alone! LOL

Last edited by Callisto; 01-03-2024 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:36 PM

gosh- I just wanted to know if I was ripped off on MOT or not and I started 3rd World War

Old 01-18-2024, 01:30 PM

gosh- I just wanted to know if I was ripped off on MOT or not and I started 3rd World War
If you re-read this thread you didn't help much to clarify your service and actually fueled much of the negative responses.
I deal with customers m-f every Ficken week and can see when some always feel butt hurt getting the invoice and need to sit down with them and explain in detail what took place to arrive at the invoice amount. I also tell them if they felt the price was unfair to show any of my competitors what were charged based on the EXACT service write up. In over 5 years I have never had one return and say we over charged them. Most say they were told how we stay in business only charging that amount.

Had you been willing to supply a little more information some of us could have had a better understand what was done EXACTLY to your MAZDA and why and what you were charged. You just danced around and IMHO enjoyed the conflict? But you see for me I just laugh my **** off knowing why your were posting incomplete or none supportive information.

Then it drew the attention of the other member that likes nothing more then really cause issues in an industry automotive to be exact that he clearly knows very little how things operate. LOL

I am sure this will bring yet more members to respond.... its all entertainment to me at this point.

Quick Reply: Was I rip off on MOT?