Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Mazda Tribute 2011(All lights, radio turns on but car won't start)

Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 AM
Default Mazda Tribute 2011(All lights, radio turns on but car won't start)

Hey Everyone,
I need some help figuring what may have happened w/my new Mazda Tribute 2011. I tried starting my car this morning and it didn't turn. All the lights, windshield wipers, radio could be turned on but the car wouldn't start. I had it jumped by the Mazda roadside assistance. It started right up w/the jump. The person said it shouldn't be the starter, or the battery. It may be the alternater connection may be loose. I also just had an oil change from Gregs Japanese auto 2 days ago, so maybe they accidently knocked some wires lose. Any suggestions would be great!

Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM

Hyena,

This literally just happened to my 2010 Tribute with 32k miles on it. I believe it is the starter since that is what was determined to be the issue on mine.

Last Monday, my tribute wouldn't even turn over when trying to start. Had some one jump my car, and it started just fine. Took it to a dealership since my car is still under warranty, and they determined it was just that it needed a new battery. Fast forward to Friday of that week, and my car wouldn't start again. Tried to jump it once just in case I received a faulty battery, and the jump would not work at all. Had it towed to a different Mazda service, and they basically cleaned the starter and now it works (so far... I just got the car back this morning.)

If anything else happens with it, I'll let you know. Hope this helps!

-Sarah

Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Default thanks for the reply

Hey thanks for the reply on this, Im going to take it in on Wednesday to get it diagnosed. I will tell them to see if the starter is the issue. Was there any clicking when you turned the key in the ignition, or was there no noise? I heard nothing w/me turning the key.

Old 03-16-2014, 01:15 AM

Power Windows began to play up - some days working, some days not.
Then the car began to sometimes turn on & sometimes not (sometimes only a few minutes wait - to a day or two - to now literally not starting ever at all. When I put the key in the ignition the lights will come on & everything as normal, but it will not turn over (no clicking noises etc, just nothing at all) a Have so far had an auto elec look at it and a mechanic plug in a diagnostic tool & reset computer - but no answers. It has turned on for them over the period of time they have been looking at it, & they then call me to tell me it has been fixed. Only for me to go there and unfortunately find it hasnt been fixed, its just the same issue happen where it has started but then now wont turn on again.
They are now saying it may be my key? So seeing a locksmith tomorrow But how can a key contribute to my power windows issue + an ignition issue... Its frustrating me no one seems to be able to fix this!

HELP PLEASE