Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Cabin Pollen Filter

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 02:57 AM
ipn
Default Cabin Pollen Filter

For the XLS versions of the Tribute/Escape 2003 , i have just spent a week organizing a cabin filter box from the wreckers to put in the XLS , its supposed to be a option , or is fitted in the XLT version (the T means trim i read) , was i surprised just today after actually having a look to see whats there! , cancelled the wrecker order for the box as it's already THERE .

So it seems the actual option is they just fit a air/pollen filter , i wonder how much the option cost back then?

I'm fitting this all up whilst i'm doing the aircon as it's getting really dusty in Australia with all this drought going on , filters are 30 bills , so it looks like i just put in a filter , it clips in those holes in the box itself .
PS- there is another plastic channel above this box , not shown/removed held on by 2 scrivets .

Paul

Last edited by ipn; 08-28-2019 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:02 PM
ipn

CAF $28 on the bay atm , just ordered one , a Ryco RCA313P , code PEGASUS .

Old 09-06-2019, 12:44 AM
ipn

The A/C manifold pipes turned up yesterday from the wreckers , cleaned them up , put on some new foam pipe insulator at one end , got some o-rings and all ready to go , btw new receiver/drier and oil pressure switch shown also , switch was playing up a year ago but came good and since the switch is behind the a/c compressor which is coming off might as well replace it and a new belt .

The original pipes (still on) 1 was leaking at the swage from pipe to hose letting out the gas , a green oily substance could be seen .

some new some from wreckers

Last edited by ipn; 09-06-2019 at 12:53 AM. Reason: add
Old 09-09-2019, 01:13 AM
ipn

Cabin filter in , also that other plastic channel above it , and some holes taped up to stop engine bay hot air getting in (both sides) , cool air is routed from the front and along the fenders in-between the wheel arch and engine bay enclosure , the less hot air going into the filter area is better imo .

Finished on this now , back to A/C at the end of the week .