Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

3.0 coolant leak issuses?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Default 3.0 coolant leak issuses?

2004 MPV 3.0 burns through anti-freeze. No apparent leak? Thoughts? I have a 2002 Tribute with the same 3.0 engine that does the exact same thing. Really starting to **** me off. Multiple overheats and I can't just add to the reservoir to solve it. Is this a factory defect with this engine and radiator? I need to add to the top hose, burp it, etc. Just drove 1200 this weekend and had to add about a gallon.

Please help if you have insight!

swmcnamara67 at gmail

Old 06-03-2016, 06:20 AM

Had a similar problem with another brand of car and found a leaking heater hose that would only leak when hot and under pressure but would also only spray onto the cylinder block so could not notice a leak only found it as i thought it was a blown cylinder head gasket which was fairly common on this brand of car and in the strip down to replace the gasket found the tiny crack in the heater hose replaced the heater hose no need to change the head gasket big job avoided.
Check all your hoses with the car hot and the heater running

Old 07-01-2016, 04:10 PM

Just wondering if you figured out the problem. I think I have a blown head gasket also, which is leaking coolant onto the block. Thanks Sean.

Old 10-24-2021, 01:20 PM

I have a 2005 Mazda Tribute v6. I had My transmission replaced last month. it toke me a month to pay off the work so i could pick my car up. I got it back friday and noticed that i didn't have coolent. there was coolent in the car when i dropped it off. When they where doing the work i asked if there was anyrthing else that would need to be fixed while they had it. I was told that everything else was in good working order and no leaks where found. I thought maybe they just forgot to add coolent back, the shop was busy the day i picked it up. So i added some but the next day i went to take my son to the park and noticed that it was once agian empty. there was also two nuts that was left under the hood that i found when i was cleaning the car and checking over everything. could they have left someting lose and if so do you think i should make the shop fix this and that im in the wrong if i tell them that i wouln't be paying for any work they have to do cause this wasn't an issues when i toke it to them.