Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

engine overheating?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Default engine overheating?!

I posted this concern before. But my 6 is eating coolant. I do not notice any leak. But I got it last April 28. It was my 1 year anniverary yesterday! Anyways, since then I noticed it got low really fast. Mazda toped it off in February. Yesterday, (after the car was sitting for 12 hours) I could not see the antifreeze at all. I made a appointment the "Mazda Techs". How concerned should I be about this?

Old 04-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Default RE: engine overheating?!

the coolant has to be going somewhere. If there is no visible marks on the ground after you start the car, it either gonna be your heater core or maybe a head gasket. to check to see if it is your heater core see if you carpet is wet on the passenger side floor towards the front of the car. It would also smell sweet inside the vehicle and the windshield would fog up when you use the defroster. if its the headgasket your car would tend to have alot of white smoke coming from the exhaust when you start it after is been setting for a while. well good luck. I hope it isnt either one of those because they are both big jobs.

DD

Old 04-29-2006, 06:53 PM

how conserned should you be....VERY, w/o engine coolant your motor is prone to explosion, and it does not help that it is getting hotter from the sun, btw what was you doing letting your car sit for 12 hours? like 04maz6 said if there is no fluid under your car then the leak is being evaped which is even worse since it would cause espanding and probably making something else explode. So yeah go to your dealership and have them take a look and fix it ASAP.

Old 04-29-2006, 11:24 PM

it is under warranty so you can relax about the cost. But you def. want this to get fixed asap. The head gasket or the heater core are the two main spots where it would leak if you dont see any mark underneath your car...Good luck and keep us updated!

Old 04-30-2006, 05:55 AM

yeah. I got home from work at 1130pm. Then sleep and what not. Then drove it at 2pm on Saturday. Hehe. I am not noticing any leak what so ever. But in 2 months ( about 2,000 miles) the coolant has gone from just beneath the full mark, to not being able to see it at all. It is running beautifully though. But I always check fluids once a month to be sure!

Old 05-03-2006, 06:23 PM

yeah brought it in at 9am this morning. As of 430 pm, they can not find the leak. Now I have no car again again intil tommorow morning.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:43 AM

anyone view this forum anymore?

Old 05-04-2006, 01:39 AM

yes

Old 05-04-2006, 02:25 AM

lol. tthanks mrspike. that was alot of help. hehe

Old 05-04-2006, 11:17 AM

still checking in, it sucks that you have no car, they should have given you a rental though

Quick Reply: engine overheating?!