Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Steering fluid - oil cooling pipe replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 01:32 PM
Default Steering fluid - oil cooling pipe replacement

Hello everyone, I need to replace this rusted pipe line which runs from the power steering fluid reservoir down to the front radiator. I have unscrewed all the brackets that hold it, and detached the steering fluid reservoir, but there is not enough room to wiggle it out, there is a small slot where it extends through to the front of the radiator that is limiting movement. I don't know what else to do in order to get this pipe out. Should I remove the radiator? Or another part? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-30-2021, 06:20 PM
Default Power steering line problem

Hi Wadesun. Were you able to figure a solution to get it out? I've just come across the same problem.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by wadesun
Hello everyone, I need to replace this rusted pipe line which runs from the power steering fluid reservoir down to the front radiator. I have unscrewed all the brackets that hold it, and detached the steering fluid reservoir, but there is not enough room to wiggle it out, there is a small slot where it extends through to the front of the radiator that is limiting movement. I don't know what else to do in order to get this pipe out. Should I remove the radiator? Or another part? Thanks in advance!