Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Please help. 95 Won't turn over, good battery, click sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:01 AM

the fast blinking light is because one of your lights don't work, check your fuses for the lights not working also i know you checked them before but if you had a screw driver in a connector it might have shorted a fuse.. ive done it before haha.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Default Its all good!

So I figured it out yesterday.

After changing out one of the taillight/stoplight bulbs I got rid of the brake light/ alarm problem. Must be that the car sends an alarm if you have a brake light out and push the brake with door open. Mine wasn't actually out, someone had put a one prong bulb in it. Replaced, brake lights work right.

Then I replaced the headlight, but still no tails when the headlights were on. So I looked again at the fuses under the dash, no luck. So then again I checked the fuses under the hood, and viola, the stop light fuse was burnt. I have all lights working now. I must have burnt that out when diagnosing.

Its always best to double check before thinking the problem is something bigger. Glad I didn't start tearing apart the dash.

Found what the two wires going to the clutch switch were also. Must have been a kill switch, because it was wired to a toggle I had not previously seen, mounted under the steering wheel. One of those wires was disconnected, thats why the starter didn't work with the key.

Thanks to all for the replies and help. ZOOM ZOOM!