Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

A/C Compressor Clutch - Screw Size??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Default A/C Compressor Clutch - Screw Size??

A/C stopped cooling all of a sudden. Checked under the hood, and oddly enough, the front face of the compressor (clutch?) was falling off - literally. I push it back on, and the A?C cools again. Looks like there is supposed to be a bolt in the middle of the clutch that holds the whole assembly together, that must've fallen off?

Anyone know what size screw this is? I could replace the whole compressor or the clutch, but this seems so much cheaper and more effective.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by faris
A/C stopped cooling all of a sudden. Checked under the hood, and oddly enough, the front face of the compressor (clutch?) was falling off - literally. I push it back on, and the A?C cools again. Looks like there is supposed to be a bolt in the middle of the clutch that holds the whole assembly together, that must've fallen off?

Anyone know what size screw this is? I could replace the whole compressor or the clutch, but this seems so much cheaper and more effective.
I have that same problem!! I lost this bolt a year ago and no one can tell me the bolt size. Mazda told me it only comes with the compressor. I have called pick and pull parts places for a full years just to try to find a protege with a compressor that I could snag the bolt from, with no luck.