Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

adjustments on the AAS screw???????????????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 01:34 AM
Default adjustments on the AAS screw???????????????????

newbie here guys..just got a different intake for my 1993 mx3 1.8(k8) and there was no aas screw in it,so i went and bought a new 1 from mazda,and i realize u cant give me an exact...but... like a carb. can u tell me approx. the adjustment for it,i.e turn it all the way in and back it out how many turns?thnx for any and all help

Old 09-07-2005, 05:00 AM
Default RE: adjustments on the AAS screw???????????????????

Good luck. the adjustment is preset at the factory for correct flow past the throttle butterfly at idle and has no adjust preset. Best I can give you is to take the intake back and say is missing critical part. Would be like buying a carb and having some of the jets missing!!!

Old 09-07-2005, 08:55 PM

To properly adjust the air-adjusting screw. First, warmup engine to normal operating temp. Second, go to the DLC-1 connector, mounted behind the battery, open the cover, you'll need a jumper wire, on the inside of the cover are the pin locations & names.
Take your jumper wire connect across TEN pin & GND. This sets the engine in base adjustment mode, stopping timing & idle changes.
There are no specs, on setting the AAS, just adjust until it's 670+/- 30 rpm. Check the idle speed without the electric cooling fan operating. When done remove your jumper wire. Grounding the TEN pin is also how to check trouble codes numbers if check engine
light is on. What huey is referring to is the TAS ( throttle adjust screw, which is set at factory) don't ever try adjusting the idle with it.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:59 PM

hey guys first off thnx for all replies and second gtxtreme could i ask u this when i do the ten pin &grd.does it kill the fan too,or do i have to unplug it manually? thnx bb

Old 09-09-2005, 02:17 AM

Thanks for catching my screwup gtxtreme. Don't know why I had TAS stuck on the brain. Glad you caught and were able to give great advise for adjusting base idle speed. Grounding the ten pin will not kill the fan. Only sets PCM up to get base idle set up. Try to make the adjustment when the fan is not running as you will not get a good adjust preset with any electrical load on.

Old 09-11-2005, 01:34 AM

thnx again all for the good advice it will be done

Old 11-15-2009, 02:48 AM

Can someone please tell me if the screw you are talking about is the vertical on on top of the TB?

This is the one that needs to be adjusted while TEN and GRND are jumped? Or is there another screw?

Trying to figure out the difference between the AAS and the TAS?

Please help!