Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

finished my engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Default finished my engine swap

well i finally finished swaping out my engine for a rebuilt long block after blowing the connecting rod from the number 4 cylinder and punching a hole through the cylinder wall bigger than a twooney, i wish i knew how to display photos on here so that i could show you guys the damage.the swap took me a total of three months, this included the tear down a complete rebuild as well as a new clutch kit and new u-joints on the drive shaft, and omg you guys are right about bleeding the clutch being a pain in the a, I had to take the clutch line out of the truck and bench bleed it with master upside down to expell the trapped air in the top end of the master. i got to fire the truck up two nights ago and man was the time and the money worth it, and I did this all in my drive way. I think if this job took any longer my wife was going to kill me.
well just thought i would share the story with everyone, and if I figure out how to display pics I post the pics of the carnage...