Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Finished and VERY Happy!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Default Finished and VERY Happy!

I just finally installed my AEM Cold Air Intake today with one of my mechanic buddies. You were all right it took about 2 hours, no major issues at all and runs fantastic. There were only two minor fiting problems that were quickly and easily solved, one was the holes on the mass air sensor being a little to snug for the screws that came in the kit and secondly, the mounting section on the CAS pipe had been painted on the inside so that again it was a little too small to get the rubber shack mount's bolt on but that was fixed with a good old metal file. All in all easier than I thought and couldn't be happier. There are pics on there way but I want to do a big photo shoot with it and it needs to be washed.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Default RE: Finished and VERY Happy!

Oh ther was one thing I did have one last question: Now, the stock intake had used two vacuum solenoids and it said in the instructions that the second one was to be zip tied away to be intalled later but it never is mentioned again, I assume it ment if it needs to be installed on another part or the old one if you were to swap it out its still there. Just want to make sure that it plugged in and tucked away is what I was suppose to do.

Here is the instructions if you need clarification:

http://www.aempower.com/images/produ...s%2021-484.pdf

its mentioned on page 3 step "h".

Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 AM

ok, after driving around for a day you can or at east I can really feel the difference, esspecially in sound below 3k and power above 4k. I know what it means now to flatten out the torque curve the rpmsrise much smoother and almost a little lower at speed about 400rpm lower at 60!

The noise is acctually pretty substancial, yes you can hear the wooosh sound described by everybody when you put your foot to the floor but even just cruzing the LOW rumble makes it sound beastly its pretty loud, almost what I would expect from a new exhaust not a CAI. VERY Pleased. PICS in two days max.

Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 AM

Maybe even a sound clip too if I can manage it, (technology not my thing but my dad has a degreein it so he can help).

Old 08-30-2008, 12:19 PM
VB

Most digicams these days can take video clips with decent sound. If you have one, you can try that.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:07 PM

Oh sure but my dad has professonal visual adio equiptrment that will take very good sound and visual clips just I don't know how o operate such fancy (expensive) eqiptment. Needless to say its all on the way.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Go Larry, GOooo!!!!

(Go Larry, it's your birthday. Go Larry, it's your birthday....)

Old 08-31-2008, 12:32 AM
VB

Rich, you're about 35 years too old and 35 years too late to say that. [8D]

Old 08-31-2008, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Hey, Hey, HEY!! Watch it w/the old man talk here.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, in answer to your solenoid question, what about pg 5, step f? Isn't that the missing solenoid?

Quick Reply: Finished and VERY Happy!