Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

Self Leveling Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:35 AM

I have ordered from Mazda the coil springs designed for the NON air suspension and it took me about an hour to install them myself. They were a bit pricey (about $600CDN) but it did correct the ride. The Monroe air shocks that you refer to seem that they would do the trick, however I wanted to just get rid of the system. The driver side shock actually leaked from over-loading the vehicle and going too fast on too rough a dirt/construction road. Anyway, recently the compressor did die, however I have just recently went back to check it out and it does still work. It does leak right from the air line in the compressor going to the shocks, another reason why I wanted to get rid of the air system.
The sensor can be adjusted so it doesn't get wrecked by over extending, however with that, it has a large area of movement that for me wasn't a problem.
What I can truly offer right now is that I had ordered a coil over spring replacement setup that will simply replace the air shock. It is made by Strutmasters. I had ordered it in Late July and have recently received them (they were being redesigned and back ordered). That is another way to go which is a lot simpler and will still do the trick. As I have the upgraded coil springs, I don't need the coil overs. I have yet to list them on EBAY. Let me know if you (or anyone else) is interested.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:11 AM

I have a 95 mpv, replaced the rear shocks with Monroe air shocks, and bypassed/disabled the leveler. I was going to remove the "ALL" fuse but there isn't one listed in the fuse box. (Not like the 96') or is there? I found the dashboard lights fuse but that turns off all of them, don't want that. Any other way to disable the leveler? I can hear the compressor constantly on. Thanks for any help.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 AM

Once I got everything on the vehicle back on the ground, I did notice that the compressor liked to run every now and then. So I removed the arm from the leveling sensor once the vehicle was at the 'good height' (no load on back).
As it was not measuring the height any longer, the compressor never came on after that.
I don't recall what I did do to remove the arm as it was a few years ago and I do not have the van any longer.

Good luck