Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

Lots Of Questions Re My New MPV Import / JDM

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:52 AM
Default Lots Of Questions Re My New MPV Import / JDM

Hi Folks

Ive recently picked up a mazda mpv for the other half which i believe is the jdm import model as it has the signs of it all, got wind deflectors fitted, power folding mirrors etc .. lots of good things plus its a v6 (duratec 2.5) and 4wd

I do have some questions though if ok

1) Is the key immobilised as some jdm imports dont bother with immobilisers

2) I have a slight vibration between 40-50 mph and if you continue to accelerate when it gets passed 50 it goes away, could it be a prop shaft donut on the way out ?

3) A weird one, stereo is naffed and i need to get the double din facia to fit the single din stereo so on the hunt for one of them.

4) The speedo has a lightbulb light on in bottom left corner all the time and the pin doesnt do anything, even in daytime if the lights arent on the speedo is lit up and has now started making noises and flickering a bit.. is this standard ? when you put the side lights on or headlights again just flickers more. From what i read speedos seem to be a fun thing on here. Speedo works fine i just want the light that is always on when you start the car (in the daytime) to go out or whatever and act like what i would call a normal car lol

Any pointers things to suggest are really welcomed. I am looking to get another key done for it hence point 1 and just generally finding my feet with it but point 4 is the priority thing to sort as i hope to tackle that tonight

Anything welcomed be appreciated

Thanks