Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

Buying Japanese MPV import for UK???

Old 07-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Default Buying Japanese MPV import for UK???

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone here can help, as Mazda UK can't!
My local Mazda dealer (in UK) is also selling a new auto MPV 2008.
Mazda hasnt sold the MPV in Europe since 2004 so itis impossible to get a decent load of info on this car from anyone...the dealer can give me a few details. My husband is going for test drive on the weekend and they are trying to get answers to my queries for then. The Mazda Japan website is in....japanese (no surprise there) with no English option.
My local dealer says there is no prob with parts but I guess this means I am stuck going to official Mazda dealer for servicing??
The new car comes with 3 year warranty.

So

1. Has anyone bought a 2007 or 2008 model and if so, tell me about it! I will have loads of qu's for you! Is it reliable?
2. Sd I be running from this car at top speed? It is the only car available in UK which suits our spec but sd I be worried about buying import?
3. If japanese import does that mean there are no service/ instruction manuals in English?
4. I thought the new MPV was 5 speed auto, but this one is 4 speed auto. Anyone any ideas?

All your thoughts wd be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Beccie, confused in UK.