Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

'02 MPV - Enable Keyless Entry?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Default '02 MPV - Enable Keyless Entry?

Hi,

My wife and I picked up a used '02 MPV but the remote entry system seems to be disabled. When I click unlock or lock, the lights flash, but the doors don't lock/unlock. If I put the key in the door and turn it to unlock, all the doors unlock. The power locks do work from the inside as well, so I assume that the keyless entry function was disabled. When you have a 2 year old and a baby on the way, a working keyless entry system is pretty helpful, so I'm wondering if this is something I can turn on or if I need to go to a dealer.

Anyone?

Jim

Old 04-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Default RE: '02 MPV - Enable Keyless Entry?

Hi jruddy,

There is not a way to either enable or disable the keyless entry on your MPV. It either works or does not or in your case only half way. Malfunction in the system and would suspect the keyless control module itself. The remotes are obviously working and module is receiving the signal as the hazard lights will flash when buttons are pushed. Should flash once for lock and twice for each unlock. Horn should also sound if lock is depressed twice on the remote. Power door lock system also sounds to be operating normally if excluding the keyless part. The only apparent problem is that the keyless module is not outputing a lock/unlock signal to the door lock control module. No connections in between the two modules that might have become disconnected.
Only fuses powering up the keyless is the "ROOM" and "METER" and if either of them were blown would have many other things not working.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Default RE: '02 MPV - Enable Keyless Entry?

Thanks for the info.