Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Keyless entry programming question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Default Keyless entry programming question

hey people

i have read through the programming instructions posted earlier in this forum, but i have come across a problem...when u are suppose to hit the open/close door switch the dome lights are suppose to turn on and off...but for some reason my millenia doesnt acknowledge that the front doors are being opened and closed...is there a fuse i can change? or something i can do about this?

thanks

Old 05-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Default RE: Keyless entry programming question

Dome light does not necessarily need to light up as long as the CPU is getting that open/close signal 3 times. What year Milly do you have jiggaman?? Do the door courtesy lights turn on and off when opening/closing drivers door and if no do they operate normally when opening/closing any other doors? Four fuses you that could affect operation in undash fuse box. 15A ROOM, 15A OPENER, 15A METER, 10A RADIO.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:13 PM

I have a 97 Milly, i tried it with 3 presses, i guess the computer is not getting the signal, and it doesnt show the door is open on the dash either...the problem is with the 2 front doors...when the rear doors are open the dome light and the door indicator turn on

Old 05-17-2006, 07:10 PM

Good possibility that there is some corrosion on the front door switch contacts that is not allowing signal voltage from CPU to ground. The switches are in the lower rear door opening mounted on the body of vehicle. Should be only one phillips screw to remove. Pull the switch and see if you can manually ground the wire to unpainted body part and see if dome lights then come on. Quick clean with a wire brush should remove any corrosion. Also check the pin that is depressed when door is closed to make sure it has not broken.

Old 05-18-2006, 11:21 AM

You were correct, the contacts on the switch were pretty jacked so i cleaned it up a little and we were back in business...
for my 97 milly, the program code was a little different than the one i saw posted a while back on this forum...the program code that i used that worked was...
1) Remove key from ignition

2) Open drivers side door

3) Insert key in the ignition and turn to On, back to Lock and remove the key

4) Do this three times quickly (key in, key on, key off, key out)

5) Then push the door-light switch three times

6) Push the lock button on the remote twice; the chime should ring

7) Wait 10-20 seconds for several chimes and you're in business

Feels great to have my keyless entry working again, i thought i would have to use my key to open the doors for the rest of my milly's life...thanks Babyhuey u were a huge help

Old 05-18-2006, 05:02 PM

Glad it is up and working again jiggaman. Will take a cheap fix like that anytime.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:24 PM

Hello all great forum! I have a quetion about keyless entery.
My daughter had a 94' Camry which we had keyless entry installed on it. The car was totalled recently and she ended up with 2 keyless remotes. We got her a 97' Millenia the other day and it has no remotes with it.
Would the keyless remotes work with the Millenia if I went through the programing procedure? Just wondering if anyone has tried this with remotes from another vehicle. Thanks!