Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

2000 MPV Keyless Entry Problem

Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Default 2000 MPV Keyless Entry Problem

I have a black 2000 Mazda MPV LX and I've been having problems with the keyless entry for about 2 months now. I have a 4-month old baby, so you can imagine I have other things to worry about, so this keyless entry problem has been on the back burner. To me, this problem is bizarre, but to others, it might make sense, so I thought I would seek assistance.

I bought my van at the beginning of April 2007 and at the time it had about 54,000 miles on it. There were no problems with the vehicle at all, and the keyless entry worked fine. Now, when I go to lock up the van, the keyless entry will lock all the doors EXCEPT for the front driver's side door. After the second press of the lock button on the remote, the vanused tobeep its horn and the hazard lights would flash once or twice, but now it only beeps and the lights don't flash. In addition, I can't even manually lock my driver's side door. It's as if the lock switch (from the inside) is stuck in the unlock position.

I don't know if this is related to the issue at all, but my driver's side power window is malfunctioning as well. I can put the window down, but it will not go up. That problem started when I was putting the window down one day and I heard a sort of crunching sound. Anybody know what is going on with my van? Thanks for your help in advance...

Old 05-01-2014, 10:10 AM

I have the same problem with my 2007 mazda MPV
The remote suddenly stopped working
I now have to use the key to open the doors, which still opens all doors.
There is A light of the car with the key in the middle blinking on the dash, and each time it blinks there is a 'clickl'
This blink continues even when the car is locked with the key
I need a solution.
CAN someone help please
I use the van for a physically challenged child.