Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

new milly s owner n user any help is grealy appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Default new milly s owner n user any help is grealy appreciated

hello i'm a new user that just purchased a milly s superchargered, my car seems to run strong with only 89k on it and the check engine light is on with codes p1173 and p1402, but i have two problems that i am horribly concerned with, i realized the other day when revving my motor in park i heard a knocking sound near the supercharger / timing belt case, couldn't tell what it could possilbily be, 2nd is my car smokes like crazy when i start it it the moring with light blue smoke but mostly white somke for like 30 - 40 seconds or so... ANY info at all would be greatly appreciated.. thanks a buch brian

Old 11-15-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by ocnats milly s
hello i'm a new user that just purchased a milly s superchargered, my car seems to run strong with only 89k on it and the check engine light is on with codes p1173 and p1402, but i have two problems that i am horribly concerned with, i realized the other day when revving my motor in park i heard a knocking sound near the supercharger / timing belt case, couldn't tell what it could possilbily be, 2nd is my car smokes like crazy when i start it it the moring with light blue smoke but mostly white somke for like 30 - 40 seconds or so... ANY info at all would be greatly appreciated.. thanks a buch brian
1173=heated oxygen sensor, front lh, inversion
1402= egr valve position sensor open or short
knocking sound-possible timing belt tensioner, possible acc belt tensioner, possible supercharger
smokes like crazy-possible supercharger

Old 11-15-2009, 10:04 PM

Blue smoke = oil
White smoke =water
Possible cause of white smoke is a leaking head gasket or cracked cylinder head. Look for low coolant level. Blown head gasket can also lead to rapid overheating and/or pinging and knocking from one cylinder leaking to the next. Pull the radiator cap and look for oily residue. Pull the dipstick and look for milky residue. Pull spark plugs and look for water and do compression check.
It looks like you've found out why this car was for sale. Good luck.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:52 PM

thanks alot for thre info guys.. its not really a bad car it doesnt seem to be to abused just little things here n there.. so i checked to radiator cap n dipstick no issues there, car reaches about half on the h/c meter on the dash never goes past half.. oil is brand new mobil one oil / filter with alittle lucus synthetic additive (5w-30) not to long along.. the dipstick is right on the f mark after about 30 minutes after idle..
now also resently i installed a farenhiet in-dash dvd player n for some reason it sounds like the stock bose amp is pushing way to much power cuz the volume raises really fast n gets kinda distruted.. is there some kinda adpater i gotta buy cuz besdies the loudness my radio gets a hole lot or hummying sounds / some kinda feed back n when i hit the brake it fades but returns right back..

Old 12-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Default My 2000 Millenia has a intermitent no start problem.

Seems to be temperature related(outside temp) or steering column problem. How can ignition area of column be accessed to check out harness and ignition switch? new millenia owner your DVD player needs a preamp!

Last edited by jhlamothe; 12-15-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: missing info
Old 12-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Default My 2000 Millenia has a intermitent no start problem.

Seems to be temperature related(outside temp) or steering column problem. How can ignition area of column be accessed to check out harness and ingnition switch?