Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Millenia dial/climate control not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 PM

Got my new "used" controller in the mail today. Cost me $25 plus shipping and took me less than 10 minutes to install. My AC now works perfect. Thanks for the tips and the instructions keninn!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Default Slightly different problem?

My (2000 Millenia S)unit works in that you can turn the dial and the temp setting changes. It also will vary the speed of the fan, if for example it is 70 outside and I set it for 69 there is a minor breeze. If I crank it to 60 it blows hard. But, at any setting it is only blowing ambient air temp - not cold air from the A/C. I checked the fuses under the hood but none seem to pertain to the A/C comp. I did also find several cooling fan relays on the right side of the engine compartment, but fan seems fine anyway.

How do I get the cold air back. It worked fine before we started doing all the work on the ignition and vacuum systems.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Default Heater control has a mind of its own

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I have a problem with the heater control on Millenia, ( actually its badged as a Xedos 9 here in Ireland) The model I have is a year 2000, and the engine is a Miller cycle.
I owned this car a few years ago and traded it for another. However I always kind of missed it and regretted trading it, so two weeks ago I saw it on a forecourt and bought it back again.
My problem is the circular heater temperature control **** only works occasionally, and usually stays on full heat for most of the time.
I have removed the control panel to see if anything is broken or disconnected, but honestly I cant make head or sense of the innards of the control panel.
Any suggestions you can send my way will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Ps as mine is a right hand drive car, the control units on Ebay will not fit, I think.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by sharkface
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I have a problem with the heater control on Millenia, ( actually its badged as a Xedos 9 here in Ireland) The model I have is a year 2000, and the engine is a Miller cycle.
I owned this car a few years ago and traded it for another. However I always kind of missed it and regretted trading it, so two weeks ago I saw it on a forecourt and bought it back again.
My problem is the circular heater temperature control **** only works occasionally, and usually stays on full heat for most of the time.
I have removed the control panel to see if anything is broken or disconnected, but honestly I cant make head or sense of the innards of the control panel.
Any suggestions you can send my way will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Ps as mine is a right hand drive car, the control units on Ebay will not fit, I think.
in germany, tuv designation is the hvac system default is defrost mode. the japanese follow the germans on this, so if your system fails, it goes to defrost, full heat. car manufacturers are going to use the same parts on as many cars they are able to, in order to cut costs. i bet the hvac panel is the same, usa and worldwide. look at the pics on usa ebay sites, and some show the back of the amp. if it looks the same, it should work

Old 11-11-2013, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by santa6
My (2000 Millenia S)unit works in that you can turn the dial and the temp setting changes. It also will vary the speed of the fan, if for example it is 70 outside and I set it for 69 there is a minor breeze. If I crank it to 60 it blows hard. But, at any setting it is only blowing ambient air temp - not cold air from the A/C. I checked the fuses under the hood but none seem to pertain to the A/C comp. I did also find several cooling fan relays on the right side of the engine compartment, but fan seems fine anyway.

How do I get the cold air back. It worked fine before we started doing all the work on the ignition and vacuum systems.
since the system is climate control, it uses blende doors to vary the temp. i would first go the easy route, and try another amplifier, they are cheap on ebay. when you change temps, you should be able to hear the actuators turning when they open and close the blende doors. if you dont, either the amp is not telling them, or the actual actuator is dead. amp is way more common, but dont rule out an actuator, due to the age of these cars.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by keninn
since the system is climate control, it uses blende doors to vary the temp. i would first go the easy route, and try another amplifier, they are cheap on ebay. when you change temps, you should be able to hear the actuators turning when they open and close the blende doors. if you dont, either the amp is not telling them, or the actual actuator is dead. amp is way more common, but dont rule out an actuator, due to the age of these cars.
Thanks Keninn, I appreciate your advice.What confused me mostly, the system occasionally works as it should and I begin to believe its fixed. Then it goes back to its old bad habits.
From what you're saying I figure (hope) its the easier route, the amplifier.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by keninn
It turns out my problem was the blender door motor. Its positioned directly behind the stereo. A fair bit of stripping was required before I eventually located it. I was able to replace it with a second hand one I optained from a breakers, (actually I got the entire heater/ aircon assembly)
Now my heater is working as it should.
I'll put a photo of the motor later, as it may be of help to others.

Edit, heres a photo of the motor with part number details.

Attached Thumbnails Millenia dial/climate control not working-20131124_171437%5B2%5D.jpg  

Last edited by sharkface; 11-24-2013 at 11:19 AM.