Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Climate Control - Not Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Default Automatic Climate Control - Not Automatic

I have a 2013 CX5 with Automatic temperature Control. (In theory Only).

It can be 90 degrees outside, probably 110 inside of the car.
I set the temperature to 65 Degrees. The fan runs at 3/4 speed for a couple minuets and then the fan goes to 2 bars. The internal temperature in the car is much hotter then 65 degrees.

I would expect the fan to throttle back from close to full speed
as the temperature get closer to the set temperature.

The only way to get the fan to go faster while still in the "AUTO" mode is to turn the temperature to 60 Degrees (Not 61 Degrees).

If I open the windows the fan still is at 2 bars.
I would expect the fan speed to increase in speed to attempt to reach the set temperature.

The AC never goes out of the "Recycled Air" setting.
The air coming from vents is cold but there is not enough air flowing to cool the interior

To maintain the inside temperature I need to set the fan manually

They had another CX5 on the lot and it appeared to be pretty much the same.

Does anyone else have this concern and a possible fix?

Last edited by CX-5-2013; 06-03-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CX-5-2013
I have a 2013 CX5 with Automatic temperature Control. (In theory Only).

They had another CX5 on the lot and it appeared to be pretty much the same.

Does anyone else have this concern and a possible fix?
Warranty?

I tend to stay away from crap like that in the first place. The more automated things, the more problems.
Another pet peeve of mine is sunroofs: they will eventually leak. Also even though the window is tinted, when you have sunglasses on, the reflection from sunlight from above goes right in to your eyes (unless you are wearing a baseball cap). Sunroofs are the biggest waste of money on a car, besides automatic climate control.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:22 AM

I don't use the automatic portion of the climate control. I love having separate controls for each side but the automatic only works when the output is set to the dash vents and unless it is super hot I like having some of the air come out at the floor.

Sunroofs only leak if the drain tubes get clogged. Technically the seals around them aren't designed to be water tight as the side area catches any water that comes in and drains it out.
Going on 14 years of sunroofs in various Mazdas with no problems (11 years in one model).

It is just a matter of preference but I just slide the cover over the sunroof when the sun is directly above and too bright but the rest of the time unless it is either too hot or raining I drive with it open. With the accessory deflector added in front of it the wind noise isn't bad, much quieter than having a window down even a little bit and it helps with fresh air flow.

I used to think they were useless until we had to have one as part of the package to get side airbags in our P5. It wasn't until I added the deflector to it that we actually started using it and now I really like them.

They may not be for everyone but I enjoy them. (except for the panoramic ones as they tend to just have vinyl covers that let in too much heat even when closed)

Old 06-04-2013, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
Warranty?

I tend to stay away from crap like that in the first place. The more automated things, the more problems.
Same here. Also not only the more problems, but more money. Heated seats, memory seats, automatic wipers ect. This is what has caused a lazy society, not pointing the finger at anyone in particular at all, just a "generalization".

Old 06-04-2013, 03:45 PM

I will recant to a point I am a proponante of power steering, brakes, cruise, and intermitent wipers.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Banned
Question

Originally Posted by Kevinkpk
I will recant to a point I am a proponante of power steering, brakes, cruise, and intermitent wipers.
WTF is "proponante"?
I googled it and came up empty. I'm not a foreigner or a lawyer!
I found: proponent [prəˈpəʊnənt]
n
1. a person who argues in favour of something
2. (Law) Law a person who seeks probate of a will

Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
WTF is "proponante"?
I googled it and came up empty. I'm not a foreigner or a lawyer!
I found: proponent [prəˈpəʊnənt]
n
1. a person who argues in favour of something
2. (Law) Law a person who seeks probate of a will
D) all of the above.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 PM

I guess I am not wanted here on this forum, so good bye (did I spell that correct?)

Old 06-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevinkpk
I guess I am not wanted here on this forum, so good bye (did I spell that correct?)
That is spelt: "T" "H" "A" "T" , so i guess you did spell it correct.
But I just made a mistake!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Banned

In American English, spelt primarily refers to the hardy wheat grown mostly in Europe, and the verb spell makes spelled in the past tense and as a past participle. In all other main varieties of English, spelt and spelled both work as the past tense and past participle of spell, at least where spell means to form words letter by letter or (with out) to make clear. Outside the U.S., the two forms are interchangeable in these uses, and both are common.

But when spell carries the sense to temporarily relieve (someone) from work, spelled is the preferred form throughout the English-speaking world. This is a minor point, though, as this sense of spell is rarely used outside the U.S., where it is most common.

Quick Reply: Automatic Climate Control - Not Automatic