Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Brake problems front. 1 won't retract, other won't move

Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Default Brake problems front. 1 won't retract, other won't move

Hi everyone, earlier in the week I had to nail the brakes when an elderly gentleman thought he had his foot on the brake, but was on the gas. I stopped in time but when I went to accelerate the drivers side brake was dragging badly. I tried a few things, reversing and hitting the brakes hard, etc. Got it to the point where I could drive it home on the back roads. When I got home the drivers side rotor was hot, pass. side cold. Took it to Pep Boys in the morning( Iknow but they are the closest shop and did not want to warp the rotor plus they put new brakes on it last year) First they said stuck caliper which is what I figured, $130.00. Then both calipers, $240.00 OK do it. Then I get a call that the calipers did not repair it so it might be ABS (I had no ABS warning light) or the master cylinder. My blood pressure was now in the stroke out range and told them they don't know what they are doing, they are Just replacing parts and hopping they replace the right one. I said put the car back the way it was and I will pick it up. They tried to charge me 50% labor time and I refused. Sorry for the rant.
I checked the connection on the pass. side brake line where the rubber hose connects to the hard line, not a drop of fluid came out.Could it be the ABS system even with no ABS light. A Mazda Mechanic said he has never had a problem with the ABS module used in this car, 1997 2.5.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, MONEY IS REAL TIGHT NOW.
Cheers,
Richard