Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

97 mazda millenia s wont crank!!!!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Default 97 mazda millenia s wont crank!!!!?

hi guys im new to this forms i hav a 97 mazda millenia s and wat the problem is tht it wil not crank i hav tested al the fuses they al gett power the big breacker fuses also get power the starter relay is good because i put another one and now the climate controll doesent turn on and the brake light is on and the tcs is off and now the car wont startt it jus started and died and now wen u put the key it wil not do anything as i said i checked everythin in the fuse boxes where else do i check ??im goin crazy lol and yes my battery is good i put a new one and i tried unlockin and locking the car and the security is working properly any help or diagram on the relays?and no the starter does not click or anythin its as if u ar tryin to start the car in drive it wil not do anythin but now the ac controlls dont turn on and those 2 lights ar on and the switch for the park and everything is working becaue it shows the reverse lights wen u put the car in gear any help please thank u

Old 10-06-2013, 07:42 PM

you might check the neutral safety switch, i think mazda calls this the transaxle range switch. it tells the pcm the car is in neutral or park. it lives in the engine bay, on top of the transmission. you have to remove the dynamic chamber to get at it. this is what it looks like:

RockAuto Parts Catalog

i am NOT saying that is what it is, only that it COULD be this switch. if the pcm does not know what gear the car is in, it wont let it start. also, there is a separate transmission control unit(tcu) that interfaces with the pcm. this also controls gear selection, it lives inside the car, under the right side kick panel. i would first test the transaxle range switch, you will need a factory service manual for the test procedures. if you go to the other millena forum, mazdaworld.org, go to the millenia section and look for bigb, he just dismantled his car, and he might have a good used switch AND tcu

Old 02-11-2015, 10:27 PM

It could also be something as simple as a crapped out starter solenoid or a loose wire on the solenoid.