Mazda Miata (MX-5) This compact RWD model, offered with many engines options for those are who want to cruise with the top down in a base model, or hit the track in one of the high performance models, has been a popular model since its introduction.

question about miata

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Default question about miata

i am looking for a miata, a car to commute to school about 10 mins drive , and every once a while have a 1-2 hours trips since i will be switching car with my dad , and he works about 2 hours from my house.
a 99+ miata will be my first choice. but my budget is anywhere around 6-7k, and i need a car with 100K or lower milage. i will mostly like get a hardtop if the car doenst come with one.

my question is how do people think about the 97 miata. becuase 97 miata are way cheaper than 99, they go around 3-4k for decent one wit low milage around my area. i am from CA, bay area. I only didnt like the front end of the 97 miata, and the flip up circle style light, but if i come to a good deal of a miata 97 i probobly want to switch the miata light into anything similar to my mr2 light ( its kinda like a square shape on light lamp, instead of round circle)
anyway.
another thing is, wat is the bads about the tan interior, since tan interior is much more avaible on sale atm. I can only think of the wore out leather seats, but anything else?. so my other option should be a black interior?. I will be mostly like puttin recaro seat into the miata or something like that.

this is probobly a difficult to say but on ur opinion is it worth to pay the extra 3000-4000 dollars for a 99 or get a 97 and use the extra money to keep in maintance, and fix it up?. i am not in market of any wide body or aftermaket kits, but i really like the 99 body kits with the skirts..

alright thanks for reading, and hopfully i can find a miata in the future. thanks.