Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Engine Stalls when hot outside

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 06:36 PM
Unhappy Engine Stalls when hot outside

Hey guys, I'm new at the forum. Been reading and haven't found a solution for my 2008 CX-7 2.3L really weird problem.

The car starts with no problem in the morning, drives great, zero issues. I get to work and park the car. At noon, I start the car to get lunch, the car starts with no issues and starts hesitating, surging and stalls. I have torque app connected and fuel pressure reads 0 and the engine still runs; and once the car dies, the sensor reads fuel pressure again. If I disconnect the fuel sensor, it reads around 60psi (this is mazda's procedure to test the fuel sensor). If I try to start the vehicle again, it is hard to start and it deals with the same problem and dies. It takes around 15 minutes from starting and dying until the car normalizes and is drivable and when that is done, it drives as if nothing happened and fuel pressure readings are normal.

MY thoughts have gone to some sort of Vapor lock, and I already disconnected the purge line coming from the tank and capped the purge valve to prevent vapors coming from the tank, but I got the same results.

Any other idea?

Thanks.

PS: I have attached Torque log if it helps. At 12:44:49 it started and stabilized, before that it had problems.

Attached Files