Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

Cx7 engine swap help 2.3l turbo from facelift

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 07:11 AM
Default Cx7 engine swap help 2.3l turbo from facelift

Hi guys... So I bought a 09 cx7 turbo AWD with a blown motor and bought and engine from a facelift un known year turbo AWD etc and had the guys fit the motor which was a nightmare ... 6 weeks later I've picked the car up which runs like a dream besides the exhaust leak AND AFTER ABOUT 5 MINS OF RUNNING IT CUTS OUT from there it will restart but continually cut out til it no longer starts. Then you have to wait hours for it to restart. I've since gone through the engine light codes and. Replaced 02 sensors and no longer brings up a cel but still does it. I'm to believe that none of the security parts have been changed or it wouldn't start at all and I know it's the original dash. today I connected up my Bluetooth obd scanner up to it and noticed that the o2 sensor bank 1x1 was receiving no signal which should bring up a code atleast but should not be a reason for the car to cut out like it does. I'm questioning the pcm I think but my questioning is is the new engine need a different loom , pcm ,dash etc? What is the possible differences in the engines? I know my partners 07 cx7 2.3 turbo AWD has a different oil filter atleast, I really don't want to spend more money and not see the problem resolved I'm about ready to scrap the thing