Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

on board computer refreshing display slowly?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Default on board computer refreshing display slowly?

Hi all,
another strange thing with my CX7 that tend to appear more often when the temperature is cold: the on board computer seems to display updates of the instant consumption seems to update the display with a few seconds of delay.
Let me explain it better: the data is updated each 2 seconds or so, and this is respected. What is strange is that the data trend does not respect the engine trend, so for instance when I stop the car at a semaphore I see a peek and then the data goes down to zero with a 3-4 steps (that is 3-4 updates, meaning 8 seconds). On the other hand, when I start driving again the data remains zero for more than two seconds and then has the peek and continue going up even if I change the gear (I would expect to see the value going down at each change).
If I shut down the car and start it again, the computer seems more responsive and the problem is no more emphasized. Is is something I should worry about?
Having had some problems with the mainboard of this car in the past I'm quite terrified this can be another symptom of a problem to be.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Banned

I would re-flash or shut off the computer. Believe it or not, computers need to be shut off once in a while so they work better!
If it was me I would disconnect the negative terminal of the battery followed by a a few brake pedal depressions, wait 10 minutes, re-connect the battery terminal and let the car idle for 5-1- minutes before driving reasonably for the first 50 miles (no flooring).
I've done it to my 2006 Mazda 6 numerous times.
However, when i do it i lose my radio pre-sets and my passenger side window. The passenger side window is an easy fix as i first lower the passenger with the passenger window controller on the passenger side, then as i am raising that switch on the passenger door i am at the same time using the passenger window controller on the driver side. Yes 1 arm per switch, with a long reach! Hold this posiyion up for 20 seconds after the window has reached the top, now you have your passenger window back from the driver side.
If you have any concerns, pay the dealership to do this and ask them the consequences other than radio.