Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

board computer setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Default board computer setup

[:@]
Can somebody help me with board computer setup instructions? My Mazda5 BC is showing me avg. fuel consumption arround 6l/100km, but in reality it is arround 7,5 l. Also the external temperature is not correct. When external temperuter drop down bellow 0 C, it stays there. Minus will not be shown. I know, that if I push down the button for reset km and give the contact I can set it up, but I want to know WHAT can I set up. I think there is a lot of things that I can tune.
Any suggestions??

Old 01-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Default RE: board computer setup

we might have same problem, I also thought my 5 is burning 7,5l, but in fact when on board computer says 0km remaining at 550km droven, there is in fact still 12l or more or fuel in the tank!!
Service says they will set it up. Otherwise if you press the right **** in the dash board (for reseting the trip milage) and keeping it pressed while starting the car (start, not just acc) it will show test. On position 51 you can see how musc liters is still inside.

For temperature....I have reached - 7...

Old 01-27-2007, 11:54 AM

Hi everybody.
I have tried it and got into test mode. Shift to next position with clicking the right **** in the dash board. The missing positions were skipped by the computer itself.
I was able to see the values on following positions, value pairs: 01 – on; 08 – off; 12 – oo (this a kind of test on tachometer (speed indicator), 13 – oo (a test of RPM indicator); 14 – oo (test of beeper); 16 – on (fuel tank reserve lamp is flashing); 22 – the value 023 and 024 changes quickly; 23 – oo (test of fuel level indicator); 25 – oo (coolant temperature indicator test); 26 – test of all lights on multifunctional panel – all lights are on; 50 – d15, 0; 51 – d15, 53,7 (amount of fuel in the tank – can be right); 57 – on (the on is flashing); 58 – off; 59 – 00 0;
At this point Iwas not able to move on (the engine still running). After turning the engine off:
31 – on; 32 – on (flashing with the sound of turn indicator flashing).

Ihave tried to press and hold the ***** in the dash board without succes to change the values.
Does anybody have adescription of the position? Any idea how to change the values?
Thanks in advance and regards
Robert

Old 03-14-2007, 07:53 PM

HI there... I am from the USA... I was hoping somebody in the UK could help us yanks out... we may have some hidden trip computer in our head unit. You guys apparently (that havethe mazda 5/premacy) already have a trip computer (fuel consumption, etc.). I understand there may be a way to "unlock" this feature in our head units... Now, have any of you guys accidently disabled your fuel consumption feature? If so, did your mazda service guy tell you a code to re-activate it? It could have been a button pushing combination of some sort.... If this hasnt happened to anybody, I would ask if you could call a delaership's service department and ask them if there is an activation code for this feature... scratching our heads over here... hope you can help us out..

thanks,

Traffikboy from New York

Old 04-08-2007, 07:14 PM

I dont know of any way to turn the fuel computer on/off but in the UK version it is displayed where the clock is on left side of display. There is a clock button and info button which swaps between clock and trip computer then pressing info swaps between various trip functions. However the fuel computer is so inaccurate its not worth turning on. Shame really. Its also annoying that it works in litres per 100km when we all work in miles per gallon.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:22 AM

HERE IS HOW TO DO IT, MAzda service showed me. You enter test mode exactly as written above, hold the right (trip reset) **** and start engine - you enter test mode. Jump to 51 - which is estimation of your distance /liters inside.
THEN with INFO **** - beside CLOCK you can set either +/- 5,10 or 15% according to your needs. If you think you still have more fuel then computer thinks then go +5% and so on you have to adjust in a way actual milage and compuiter distance will match

I did it in third attempt (dont go immidieately +15%) try step by step.

Now I make with full tank cca 850-900km when reserve light goes on, and some 55L is then put in at light - before it stopped at 45!

Old 08-01-2007, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: jures

HERE IS HOW TO DO IT, MAzda service showed me. You enter test mode exactly as written above, hold the right (trip reset) **** and start engine - you enter test mode. Jump to 51 - which is estimation of your distance /liters inside.
THEN with INFO **** - beside CLOCK you can set either +/- 5,10 or 15% according to your needs. If you think you still have more fuel then computer thinks then go +5% and so on you have to adjust in a way actual milage and compuiter distance will match

I did it in third attempt (dont go immidieately +15%) try step by step.

Now I make with full tank cca 850-900km when reserve light goes on, and some 55L is then put in at light - before it stopped at 45!
Hi,

i'm a long time visitor of this M5 forum and this is my first post.

I 've tried to do as you told (went to 51) but by pressing the Info **** don't seem to makeany change on the LCD Screen where i see the liters available on the gas tank followed by'd15'.

Can you check ifthe instructions are correct ?

Thanks.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:17 PM

Sorry might be wrong number - it is at DIS (for distance) stage. It might be 57...check it, it works for sure.
Bad thing is that you have to (in my case) decrease the total km, so car in fact eats more fuel....
To decrease go 5,10,15, to increase go -5,10,15....in anyway you have to try with each fuel tank....

Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 PM

Found it .... it's number 50...

Inicially had 0 as value ... Put 5...

But after re-start engine and press the right **** when i toreturn test 50 the value is again 0 ...

Is necessary any other step to fix the new value or 0 always appears as default?

Thanks.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:51 PM

No this zero is now 'previous zero and your 5....

Quick Reply: board computer setup