Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:02 AM

Such a great post! I even showed it to a customer today. Thanks for getting such detailed and accurate info out there!

Public response to this vehicle has been better than anticipated, thanks again!

Delivering a Black/Black CX5 TR with Nav tomorrow!

Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 PM

I just picked up my CX-5 Sunday, a white AWD Grand Touring w/Tech package. So far enjoying it.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you went all out and got all the bells and whistles.

Can you say if the AWD feature is also available on the lesser trim packages... like the middle touring trim?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

Can you say if the AWD feature is also available on the lesser trim packages... like the middle touring trim?
AWD is available in all three trims with automatic gearbox.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 PM

?
Yes, it has cool stuff that I originally wasn't aware of. (rear camera, red stitching on black leather for example).

Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Tomasz
AWD is available in all three trims with automatic gearbox.

Good to know, especially for those that live in a snow belt but don't want to spend $35g's.
I knew AWD was only available w/the auto, but Mazda's site was vague about which trim it was available on.
Thanks!!

Old 03-21-2012, 09:20 AM

Good to know, especially for those that live in a snow belt but don't want to spend $35g's.
I knew AWD was only available w/the auto, but Mazda's site was vague about which trim it was available on.
Thanks!!
Yes, I have originally ordered touring FWD but then after few hours of thinking I've updated my order to AWD. Especially after my town stopped (or so it seems) to use salt on roads a couple of years back and now it's quite common to have nice packed snow patches on the road in winter.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by HBmazda
Such a great post! I even showed it to a customer today. Thanks for getting such detailed and accurate info out there!

Public response to this vehicle has been better than anticipated, thanks again!

Delivering a Black/Black CX5 TR with Nav tomorrow!
Just have your customers call me... I'll sell the pants off this vehicle for you!! I have so many great things to say about this thing it's not even funny! One huge surprise for me is that I am actually getting the highway MPG regularly and I have NEVER been able to even come close in any vehicle I've ever owned.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by bOLsAK3
Just have your customers call me... I'll sell the pants off this vehicle for you!! I have so many great things to say about this thing it's not even funny! One huge surprise for me is that I am actually getting the highway MPG regularly and I have NEVER been able to even come close in any vehicle I've ever owned.
That should be no surprise now. in 2008 EPA changed the tests they do to measure highway numbers. Previously the max. speed during the highway test was 55mph, now it goes up to 80 with average about 65.Those new numbers are much closer to everyday driving so you should see the same results in all post 2008 cars.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:04 PM

We just bought our Black CX-5 Sport Manual yesterday in San Diego. I haven't bothered to get my license since coming back to America from Europe but at this point I'm so jealous of my wife getting to drive it that I'm even considering biting the bullet and jumping through the stupid hoops here in California to get a license. We'll see how much the insurance company wants for adding me on . . . (We're a couple expecting the second new baby after having one in the early part of 2011, so money is always a consideration!)

That said, the good news is that the CX-5 is really pretty reasonable in terms of price, I think. We wanted the manual for the higher MPG and the driving experience. So far the MPG hasn't really settled in, but the driving experience certainly LOOKS fun.

This is only my second brand new car, and her first, so we're very happy to be the owners of something that's so new to the market as well. Kind of makes us feel like we're at the head of a new and exciting movement. (My father has a 14 year old Miata that I've always enjoyed driving and riding in, so seeing the CX-5 pop up while I was doing research piqued my interest pretty rapidly.)

The car looks great. The shape is appealing, and we're both fans of the shark fin look, so that's a welcome detail. Plus, even though the base model doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Touring or Grand Touring, it's absolutely not lacking the essentials and then some!

Overall, for our specific needs, this car is a winner. We're taking a trip to Vegas next month, so we'll get to see what an extended highway trip looks like for mileage. We'll be meeting my parents there, so I told my dad if he's lucky we'll let him drive. (Silly man seems to think seeing his granddaughter is more important though . . .)

Quick Reply: Welcome To The Mazda Family... The New CX-5!!!